Page 438 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 418428433434435436437438439440441442443448458 ... LastLast
Results 4,371 to 4,380 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    Does anyone know if there's a site or torrent download with high quality copies of Toy commercials (roughly around the 7-14Mb/ad mark; Tfarchive's copies aren't at the level of quality I'm looking for)?

Also does anyone know what the state of play with the masters for the commercials is? Does Hasbro have them archived or is it a case of pot luck in terms of finding good quality versions of them?
    I think a lot of the masters are lost to the winds, I recall hearing that a lot of the footage used in the g1 box sets was actually submitted by fans who had old VHS copies. don't quote me on this but I think that's the case.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I think a lot of the masters are lost to the winds, I recall hearing that a lot of the footage used in the g1 box sets was actually submitted by fans who had old VHS copies. don't quote me on this but I think that's the case.
    Bummer. Hopefully someone restores them and sells them in a DVD format someday. I'm sure I'm not alone in being willing to lay down good money for something like that.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    That's correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    That's correct.
    It's what I heard too, there are some rather decent quality examples on Youtube mind you; some of the old school Takara one's for Diaclone are just magic!

That's correct.
    That's so sad. And now we are paying like $100 on that remastered box set. Did they actually think the series's dead and discarded the valuable tapes themselves??

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Honestly, who would have predicted that lines this would last, and that there'd be SUCH an active and rabid fan-base craving this material.

These were ads. They were done to sell a given product at a given time.

Who'd have known that approaching 30 years later, the line would be bigger than ever, and be so much more than a boys toy line with a few years of shelf life before moving on to the next fad?

We're lucky, in a way, to have what we do have, even if it's not in the best condition.

The front cover of G1 #1 said #1 in a four-issue limited series - and the front cover of the final issue of G1#80 IN A FOUR ISSUE LIMITED SERIES

I remember getting all sad and choked up when that issue came out... and as tragic as it was to see the G1 comics ending, it was also pretty cool for them to remind us that it was initially intended to be a brief four-issue comic to promote the toys, but popularity had allowed it to survive up to 80 issues (or 332 issues in the UK). And of course, 20 years after the comic series was axed, fans petitioned IDW to allow Furman to write #81 which comes out next year. Can't wait!

bowspearer Guest

Who'd have known that approaching 30 years later, the line would be bigger than ever, and be so much more than a boys toy line with a few years of shelf life before moving on to the next fad?
    Anyone studying mythology .

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    Anyone studying mythology .
    No, but I do love the subject.

I realise there is perhaps no difinitive answer to this question, but how tall are G1 bots in robot mode? Prime, Megs, Razorclaw, those kind of guys.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...