Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers MP-05 Masterpiece Megatron

Default Transformers MP-05 Masterpiece Megatron

Hello all

Just wondering if anyone could help me out. I purchased MP-05 Masterpiece Megatron from E-bay on 08APR09 and am still yet to see him.

I later was reading some random information and stumbled upon some countries not allowing this "toy" in the country unless the barrel had some orange painted on it. I checked with the seller who informed me there was nil orange painted on this particular models barrel.

Now im wondering if our glorious country is one who dosen't accecpt these partcicular toys. When i view the Hong Kong mail system and enter my tracking ID all it says is "destination Australia" nothing about wether it has made it or not. Australian Post dosent even detect it.

I did go onto the Australian Customs site and dl'd there booklet on what they allowed and read nothing about toy firearms. Plus when the seller posted the item, Megatron was in robot mode.

I wonder if anyone has any experience in these dealings and who i can call to find out were this figure is.

I apologise if this topic has already been covered but after a quick scan i didn't see this issue raised.

Goto Tiby's site. All the details are there.

http://www.megatron.net.au/

I will also state this seller dosen't appear like the dodgy type either (had my fair share of them on ebay), as he has been chasing things down on his end and has been responding to my e-mails. Although i guess looks can be deceiving but i think this guy is legit.

I'm pretty sure customs has it. Don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think it'll get released. You're in the same boat as some 100+ other aussies who had theirs confiscated. You gota get it within Australia.

Well im not going to fire up about it here, but i sure as hell will be giving Customs a call for a sitrep on this tommorow, as im not about to take this one lying down especially as they made no listing of this in there booklet. Im sure those 100 other people have done the same but i guess i have to satisfy myself. Still i'll be rather cheesed off about it. Thanks for the heads up though.

if your using HK post tracking.... it will say dest australia while in transit, then arrived, then pending customs....

so don't give up hope just yet

also, my things recently haven't shown up un the Aus pOst tracking till AFTER they have arrived here....

Abominus: As jgon2098 said, please read the Megatron Club site for full details about how to legally import and own Masterpiece Megatron. Before you even purchase the toy you will need to obtain a Prohibited Weapons Permit from the NSW Police Force Firearms Registry.

Click here.

Yeah, unfortunately a large number of us went through this crap 2 years ago. You will probably receive a notice in the mail from customs shortly.

We petitioned against the ruling and succeeded in NSW as far as being able to get a license to own it. Speak to Tiby (Tibor Csapo) to see if you want to go through the process of getting a license. Essentially you will need to join the "Megatron Club" and meet a few requirements. The "information" pack that customs/firearms sends you probably won't tell you it exists.

Try not to get too upset at customs, they are just doing their job.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Hi Abominus,
    The guys are right. You are lucky enough to live in NSW which means there is a process to get MP05 in, as long as you satisfy the requirements. Customs will probably eventually send you a notice which will include a link to the Megatron Club (or you can get in my signature below, or any of the links provided by members above).

If you check with customs and they have him, then please follow the process set out on the Megatron Club website, or contact me for assistance.

It's not so bad, but please do not get too upset with customs or they might "lose" him. There are timelines to act so please move quickly.
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm

Yeah lucky you cause you're in NSW and can still get a permit for it...

Mine was "pending customs" for 3 months and I finally got a letter from customs telling me to get a permit otherwise item will be destroyed (which is highly unlikely as one of their staff will probably take it home for themselves.. ppffftttt...)
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!