Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Boxes, keep or throw out?

Default Transformers Boxes, keep or throw out?

Hi everyone.

I want to get some opinions on whether or not to keep any of the package boxes?

I open all my figures and of lately, a lot of my purchases are pretty much third party stuff. Most of the hasbro packagings I chuck but boxes like Masterpieces are 're-usable' so to speak and just feel like a waste to throw out. I don't intend to keep them just so I can repackage them for sale later.

What are your thoughts? Do you keep everything or chuck everything or..?

Depends on whether or not I find the boxes impressive enough. Only ones I've kept so far were for Green Giant and MP Soundwave.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Megatron Guest

If you have the extra space you could keep some of them especially the ones you like, and you never know, sometime in the future someone might be after a few of them to complete their collection and you could then help them out. But other than that and if you're not a completist type of collector, then there's no need to keep them.

I don't buy Transformers for the boxes so once I open them, I throw my boxes away. They take up too much space also.

Boxes go, unless theyre MP's and the cardbacks stay.

If I threw out the boxes I'd be throwing away the toy as well
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I have been debating this same problem for years.

I have been putting it off by putting the boxes inside plastic tubs, but now I am running out of shelf space for my TFs and I have had to fill up some other tubs with TFs (so far just DoTM and RoTF figures have been packed away) and now im running out of storage room for the plastic tubs.

I tend to keep most cardbacks of late. Voyager and Leader class boxes get cut up enough to fold flat. I like the artwork. though sometimes if there isn't much artwork, I keep the tech specs and bios only.

Fancy boxes get kept in most cases, especially if it's a higher end item as it gives me somewhere safe to put the figure when it's not on display. I have only a small percentage of my collection on display at any one time.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I tend to keep most cardbacks of late. Voyager and Leader class boxes get cut up enough to fold flat. I like the artwork. though sometimes if there isn't much artwork, I keep the tech specs and bios only.

Fancy boxes get kept in most cases, especially if it's a higher end item as it gives me somewhere safe to put the figure when it's not on display. I have only a small percentage of my collection on display at any one time.
    I think I will end up flattening the boxes as well, with 4 kids I have very limited time.

I keep any part of the boxes that has their tech specs or character bio on it, and chuck the rest, unless an MP box. But after 1300 figures I have that many bits of box I'm actually building a storeroom on the back of my TF shed to house the crates of cardbacks