Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > News > Outback's Australian News

Sightings/Sales

Old 31st May 2018, 01:41 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Default International Transformers retails and Australian GST. What retailers are doing.

As people may know the Australian government as of the start of the 2018/19 financial year on the 1st of July will require the store to collect GST on behalf of the Australian government. This is going to affect us Transformers collectors.

So far we have word from two retailers as to what will happen as of the 1st of July.

Amazon - Amazon will block Australians from buying items from all non-Australian Amazon sites.
https://www.theage.com.au/business/c...31-p4zikr.html

HLJ - HLJ will be implementing GST collection as of the 1st of July.
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpo...&postcount=101

BBTS- BBTS will collect GST. Note that it sounds like they are collecting GST on items already paid for sitting in your POL, so ship existing POLs quickly.
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpo...8&postcount=27

Amiami- Amiami will be charging GST as of the 1st on all orders under $1000 AUD.
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpo...9&postcount=47

Ebay- Ebay is charging GST on all private sales. Larger sellers that have an ABN can apply for an exemption meaning their customers will not be charged 10% on Ebay, because the seller should be collecting GST in their sale price.
https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/con...fees-ebaycomau

I'll try to keep this list updated but mods feel free to add more TF stockist to the list if I don't see them.

Last edited by DELTAprime; 12th July 2018 at 06:31 PM.
Old 31st May 2018, 10:02 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Whelp I'm glad hlj at least lets us visit, anyone checked with amiami and other retailers?

Ones like bbts robot kingdom etc are also a worry.

Sucks about amazon though they sent me a coupon for $20, lets hope the range is actually any good this time
Old 1st June 2018, 04:06 AM

well goodbye hlj it was nice knowing you. If I have to pay gst I would rather support someone local like Savierís toys or Toybot Importz thanks Gerry.
Old 1st June 2018, 04:52 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

What a pain!
Old 7th June 2018, 06:30 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Given that RK openly advertises that they will put a lower price on customs, I am thinking they won't be passing on a lot of gst.
Old 7th June 2018, 06:40 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Its amazing that the gummint finally worked out how to do this, the initial problem was that collecting gst when the item arrived in Oz would have cost more than what was being collected, personally I think they could have just started with Oz-post international items needing to be collected in store to pay gst or do it online when your item is scanned into Australia and it could be delivered, still a costly exercise, but once automated could have worked.
Now they are getting people in countries who are paid a lot less to do the work, great outsourcing there d!ck$!

I think it is total BS and the over $1000 rule was enough, I know BTT has a lot to say about this and rightly so, and I agree with him.

If I were say RK or Chimungmung I wouldn't even bother, how can the Australian Government enforce anything on a Chinese seller, yes they might geo-block their page but really, there are other ways around it.
The later it gets, the less sense I will make (usually anything beyond 19:30 Qld time).
Old 7th June 2018, 07:42 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

2 words. Gerry Harvey
Old 8th June 2018, 02:55 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
2 words. Gerry Harvey
Here here... whinging SOB that he is
Old 8th June 2018, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
Here here... whinging SOB that he is
What needs to happen, is a public boycott of Harvey Norman and Domayne. If noone buys from them, it cripples them and is the only thing that will harm or hurt him and his wife.
Old 8th June 2018, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
well goodbye hlj it was nice knowing you. If I have to pay gst I would rather support someone local like Savierís toys or Toybot Importz thanks Gerry.
Depends on what you're buying. Gunpla will still work out at least a third cheaper buying from them than buying locally.