Thread: RID cartoon season 2.5 on DVD

Default RID cartoon season 2.5 on DVD

Found today at JB Hifi, a week before its official release on January 3rd, is Season 2.5 (the 6 episodes at the end of Season 2). The Beyond Entertainment website actually calls it Season 3.
    It was $13 at JB, while the RRP is $15.

It should be noted that it has "Combiner Force" on the cover, which is actually the title for Season 3. And this volume doesn't have a number, a bit like a one-off release.

And for those wondering, Beyond Entertainment did end up releasing all 13 episodes of the first half of Season 2, on three volumes (December 2016, February 2017, and May 2017).
    I was hoping there would be a season 2 boxset by now, but I guess we should be lucky that we are seeing anything, as they stopped producing Rescue Bots on DVD, and America didn't go beyond Season 1.

We still might get a season two collection (they released three or four versions of the season collection after all).

With the current sales/offers and assuming you can find the three individual discs in the same store, you can buy those for $16 total plus the 2.5 disc for just over $10 - making it $26 for the "whole" season 2 which is not a bad price.

(Of course the store I went to only had one of the individual discs)

I watched it yesterday... as a christmas present to myself, and it was a bit slow to start, but was still okay to watch as a 2 hour movie. Unfortunately it gave us more Decepticons that we will never see toys of... and most of them didn't transform at all during these episodes. That includes a fancy new version of Starscream, and we don't even see his jet mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    With the current sales/offers and assuming you can find the three individual discs in the same store, you can buy those for $16 total plus the 2.5 disc for just over $10 - making it $26 for the "whole" season 2 which is not a bad price.

(Of course the store I went to only had one of the individual discs)
    I've been to a few JBs in the last few days, and none had any of the Season 2 volumes.
    And today they had 20% off all DVDs/BRs... so I could have saved a couple of dollars if I had waited two days. Then again, I wouldn't have had something fun to watch yesterday.

I picked one up, season 2.5 was my favorite season for RID.