Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what i find to be Amazing Customs :o

Default what i find to be Amazing Customs :o

I don't know if any one is interested in this, but

I just have to say, that i am absolutely amazed at some peoples ability ( others not mine ) to make Customs/Scratch Build/Modify and Paint Transformers

1/24 Masterpeice Jazz (scroll down for robot mode)
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radico...-finished.html

Masterpiece Wheeljack has working Head lights (also the ones on the side of his head) and Brake lights..
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radico...-finished.html

Buster Prime (no battle mask version)
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radico...ter-prime.html

Modification to Movie Voyager Ratchet
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radico...fications.html

G1 Superion with individual transforming aerialbot with G1 Alternate modes (still being worked on )
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radico...main-body.html
    Note: it you can be bothered, Pics of the individual modes are scattered in the thread and they are extremely impressive

The Jazz looks great, but Wheeljack takes the cake for me. I wish there were more Wheeljack Universe/Masterpiece figures

so you,ve discovered RADICONS over at TFW2005, Its one of my favourite sites for customs and mods.

For anyone who thinks that kids today "don't know anything about G1" or "don't care about G1," check this out...

A student in my Year 8 class brought in his customised Generations Trailcutter this morning. He said that the gun barrel itself is from a Megatron toy (I forget which version), and the rest was from a part of a Gundam model. He also painted the eye visor red to make it more G1 toy accurate! The weapon attaches to the fist and the fist can be folded in to make it look like it's attached to the forearm, or it can be held like a normal gun! An impressive effort for a 13 year old.

[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    For anyone who thinks that kids today "don't know anything about G1" or "don't care about G1," check this out...

A student in my Year 8 class brought in his customised Generations Trailcutter this morning. He said that the gun barrel itself is from a Megatron toy (I forget which version), and the rest was from a part of a Gundam model. He also painted the eye visor red to make it more G1 toy accurate! The weapon attaches to the fist and the fist can be folded in to make it look like it's attached to the forearm, or it can be held like a normal gun! An impressive effort for a 13 year old.
    Perhaps he should consider a career in toy design?

Check out this custom G1 Arcee! It's obviously a retool/repaint of G1 Hot Rod, but it surprisingly works well as Arcee. It arguably looks better than the actual G1 Arcee toy that HasTak designed (but never made).

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Perhaps he should consider a career in toy design?
    He has said that he's considering doing graphic design and engineering in his future studies. I told him the story of Alex Kubalsky -- an Australian who became the first non-Japanese toy designer to work for TakaraTOMY and also worked on Transformers -- and suggested that he may want to consider studying Japanese (plug plug) along with design/engineering. Might be cool if he one day followed Kubalsky's legacy and became the second Aussie to work on TFs at TakaraTOMY!

Check out this custom G1 Arcee! It's obviously a retool/repaint of G1 Hot Rod, but it surprisingly works well as Arcee. It arguably looks better than the actual G1 Arcee toy that HasTak designed (but never made).
    It's really clever, and I like seeing someone make a custom G1 Arcree that actually could have been a G1 toy. And so much better than that concept figure. This is worlds ahead of that Chromedome repaint idea too.
    Last edited by Paulbot; 25th August 2014 at 08:38 PM. Reason: said "custom" meant "concept"

Erm...ok. If you like your female robots looking like Romanian powerlifters... sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    It's really clever, and I like seeing someone make a custom G1 Arcree that actually could have been a G1 toy. And so much better than that custom figure. This is worlds ahead of that Chromedome repaint idea too.
    This! If Hasbro had proceeded down the repaint line for a G1 Arcee, this would have to be pretty close to what they would have settled on. It looks like it belongs on a G1 shelf. Although we're now getting a Generations Arcee, I wonder how well Classics Hot Rod could be repainted into Arcee and whether a repainted Hot Rod would look like it belongs in the line as much as this one does.

Check out this custom G1 Arcee! It's obviously a retool/repaint of G1 Hot Rod, but it surprisingly works well as Arcee. It arguably looks better than the actual G1 Arcee toy that HasTak designed (but never made) :O
    I love the custom, it works well! and I agree its miles better than the unreleased prototype. In my opinion this custom is how the g1 Fembots should be represented in G1 toy aesthetics. The prototype is more a 'robotic humanoid female' which is fine, but I think the custom represents other possibilities and chances of some variety.