Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345671222 ... LastLast

Thread: Revenge of the Fallen Toys comments/discussion

It's not unheard of for Hasbro to Officially mistransform their figures so its pretty much what the design of the toy plus the movie model tells you.

...now I'm starting to think the first robot mode is right. Gah... yeah, I don't think I'll know for sure until I see the movie model. (-_-)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I saw both Bumblebee and Soundwave this morning at Target. Bumblebee looks like a retool of the previous Concept Camaro Bumblebee mould rather than a whole new toy as I thought it might be. There's a new head, bonnet panel, front fenders and a new right arm which is a missile launcher. Otherwise it looks like the same basic mould, so I passed on Bumblebee. I really don't like the new head - looks way too cutesy/cartoony to me.
    Yeah, I think Bumblebee is a retool. I already have the mold (plus his new head mold is friggin' scary), so I'm passing on him. Soundwave, though, looks quite good and nicely spiky, and I don't have a Soundwave toy yet. Also, he turns into a giant fork.

I'm thinking the original one is the real bot mode for the fact that the three clear blue circle discs on his chest are visible. Just the fact that it is decorative.

Yeah, I've come to think that too Stompy.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDragon
    I already have the mold
    I already have two versions of the Concept Camaro Deluxe Bumblebee mould - the standard one and the Premium version with the battle mask. I want a version of the RotF Deluxe, even as a retool, for the alt mode (it has a body kit and bonnet vent)... but I'm not impressed with the Preview version. I might get it with a discount but I don't wanna pay full price for it. Also, isn't there going to be another Deluxe Bumblebee with Sam Witwicky?

(plus his new head mold is friggin' scary),
    +1!! It looks both cute and scary! I don't care if it's more movie-accurate, I still prefer the old head.

Toy accuracy ftw!!

Soundwave, though, looks quite good and nicely spiky, and I don't have a Soundwave toy yet. Also, he turns into a giant fork.
    Useful for eating giant Autobot sausages.

I only got this toy because I've already decided to collect all the movie characters. That and the fact that as a completely new mould, I thought it offered me better money than Bumblebee. If it weren't for that I'd probably pass it.

Overall I'd only recommend this toy if you actually want a movie Soundwave toy or a completist.
    +1
    SofaMan - Occasionally Battling Evil with his Mighty Powers of Indolence

Soundwave is definitely a figure that will benefit from any future premium edition repaints with metallic paints.

Glad he is so fugly in both modes, make him a very easy figure to skip.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I already have two versions of the Concept Camaro Deluxe Bumblebee mould - the standard one and the Premium version with the battle mask. I want a version of the RotF Deluxe, even as a retool, for the alt mode (it has a body kit and bonnet vent)... but I'm not impressed with the Preview version. I might get it with a discount but I don't wanna pay full price for it. Also, isn't there going to be another Deluxe Bumblebee with Sam Witwicky?
    The one with Sam is the "Human Alliance" set, and seems to be closer to Alternator size in vehicle. IMO the deluxe retools don't offer enough over people who bought the originals; though i don't mind the new head, i'm only gonna pick up the Human Alliance set since it's a complete redo, seems to be more accurate all round and should compliment Alternators/Binaltech on the shelf nicely! Though i wish Takara would use some of the GM vehicles on real BT or Alternity's!

+1!! It looks both cute and scary! I don't care if it's more movie-accurate, I still prefer the old head.
    With my original BB'08, I used a silver Sharpie marker to highlight the black panels on his mask, and this makes a huge improvement for movie accuracy! Sharpie's work really good for adding simple highlights and bringing out detail on raised molded areas and is really easy to do.

Errkk... I wanted a Deluxe Bumblebee mould from the movie for the vehicle mode to compliment the other Deluxes. Gah. *sigh* In that case I think I will get the movie preview Bumblebee then - preferably discounted though (c'mon TRU!). The only toys I have on my Binaltech/Alternators shelves are Binaltech and Alternators. Period. My movie TFs are displayed separately. Also, it would be odd playing with a 1:24 scale Bumblebee alongside the other movie toys - while the scale may not be consistent, a 1:24 scale Bumblebee would be way out of whack compared to say Leader Prime, Voyager Ratchet etc.

Gah!!

You know there's the other deluxe mold, the 'shoulder cannon' variant yeah? But personally, i think it's even worse than the preview one.. you gain shoulder cannons but at the cost of the 'split' hood effect, and the front wheels are also under the bonnet in robot mode, like Universe Sunstreaker.