Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Target price-matching policy (or lack of, in most stores).

Quote Originally Posted by SentinelPrime View Post
    The question isnt the integrity of the customer, its the policy put in place by the organisation and the way it is translated through their employees.
    I'll correct you there. its the way its translated through Management. not us. We dont enforce it, we're the one's in the diret firing line copping shit straight from disgruntled customers. There was a time i tried to empathize with them, but you get so many in who want things cheaper, or price matched. At the end of the day its store manager, or line managers decision. Not ours. No matter how many insults you fling you wont get your item price matched. I've had people try to bribe me to price match. Now wait a minute, your paying a bit less for the item, then you give me money? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of price matching in the first place?

Perhaps you think I'm a bitter employee, and to an extent your correct, but when you cop the insults for merely doing your job, or get spat at because they dont get their own way, thats what happens. You may say the price matching policy (or lack of, for your arguments sake) isn't good enough, well write to head office. Here's the detials.

1800 814 788 weekdays, between 9.00am and 5.00pm AEST.
    And if you want to write:
    Reply Paid 41
    PO box 41
    Nth Geelong Vic 3215.
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Dkaris View Post
    I'll correct you there. its the way its translated through Management. not us. We dont enforce it, we're the one's in the diret firing line copping shit straight from disgruntled customers. There was a time i tried to empathize with them, but you get so many in who want things cheaper, or price matched. At the end of the day its store manager, or line managers decision. Not ours. No matter how many insults you fling you wont get your item price matched. I've had people try to bribe me to price match. Now wait a minute, your paying a bit less for the item, then you give me money? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of price matching in the first place?

Perhaps you think I'm a bitter employee, and to an extent your correct, but when you cop the insults for merely doing your job, or get spat at because they dont get their own way, thats what happens. You may say the price matching policy (or lack of, for your arguments sake) isn't good enough, well write to head office. Here's the detials.

1800 814 788 weekdays, between 9.00am and 5.00pm AEST.
    And if you want to write:
    Reply Paid 41
    PO box 41
    Nth Geelong Vic 3215.
    I wouldnt waste my time putting pen to paper. If you dont like the ups and downs you get at work from customers then quit! I too know what its like to work in retail, and I totally understand where your comming from. But the topic of this thread is the company's policy on price matching.
    When I knew another customer had recently purchased some tfs with a price match at target, I immediately went to purchase from the same store, only to be told very rudely I might add from the employees that I as wrong. I could of told the woman right there and then what I thought of her, but i didnt, and that gets you no where.
    So dont assume this thread is a place to vent your frustation at work and vice versa for customers. Its intention is to bring to light how stupid the policy is and it really needs to be looked at either by 'Management' or any other employee of Target.

All im saying is, get enough complaints about the policy and theyll be forced to change it. at least if you call or write or email them about it then youve made the effort to try to let them know that there are people out there who arent happy with their policy and would like to see it changed
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Dkaris View Post
    All im saying is, get enough complaints about the policy and theyll be forced to change it. at least if you call or write or email them about it then youve made the effort to try to let them know that there are people out there who arent happy with their policy and would like to see it changed
    i was saying this too and griffin finally did call them hooray someone with brains!

target arent going to change anything if they dont know anything is wrong.
    it's not going to matter how many casual employees you ask if they price match cos at the end of the day, we go home, bitch to our families about the stupid customers asking for price matching and that's it.

if you have an issue, you NEED to raise it with MANAGEMENT!
    dont just settle for the person who answers the phone.
    even store managers arent going to get you anywhere as they answer to region and district managers - the region and district managers answer higher again.

and sentinel prime - noone is saying they do not like their job.
    i LOVE my job! (at target, in layby and refunds, all dealing with customer requests and price matching queries) and as much as i get annoyed with customers, i cant wait to go back the next day.

you having an issue = you contacting head office

Quote Originally Posted by nettie! View Post
    i was saying this too and griffin finally did call them hooray someone with brains!

target arent going to change anything if they dont know anything is wrong.
    it's not going to matter how many casual employees you ask if they price match cos at the end of the day, we go home, bitch to our families about the stupid customers asking for price matching and that's it.

even store managers arent going to get you anywhere as they answer to region and district managers - the region and district managers answer higher again.

and sentinel prime - noone is saying they do not like their job.
    i LOVE my job! (at target, in layby and refunds, all dealing with customer requests and price matching queries) and as much as i get annoyed with customers, i cant wait to go back the next day.

you having an issue = you contacting head office
    as i said, i wouldnt waste my time. i just dont shop there.

well then i dont think there is anything left for you to say about the subject.

omg refunds! refunds and hardgoods get on pretty well at our store (im in hard goods) we get along, but everyone hates the dock staff. their mean.
    ~

lol
    all our depts get along fine - just certain staff that arent liked

*majorly excited for toy sale!* best time of year

Quote Originally Posted by nettie! View Post
    This is true
    Everyone under and including my Manager is useless (except me)

If you want something done, even if it is for the good of the store, you have to either tell the area manager or someone from head office, or make it hurt their bottom line and help them figure out what may be the problem
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    Everyone under and including my Manager is useless
    good to see your honest about your abilities :P