Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162131 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic reviews: IDW More Than Meets The Eye ongoing

The flashforward was interesting. Poor Dipstick.

The odd thing about the Annual's story having already happened, is the question of when did it happen? It must have been between 5 and 6, as there wasn't really much of a gap between issue 6 and 8.

Well it's September already. Is the annual out?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The flashforward was interesting. Poor Dipstick.

The odd thing about the Annual's story having already happened, is the question of when did it happen? It must have been between 5 and 6, as there wasn't really much of a gap between issue 6 and 8.
    I thought it may have taken place in the future (between issues in the teens) but it cannot be now because of the asterisk in #8. Seems like a pretty bid thing in terms of the story to not be mentioned or referenced.. Unless the annual time skips a bit?

As for the timeskip, it is a nice and easy way to build tension for the next lot of issues. We know who will die (not as many characters as I had thought) but not how or when. (other than the order).

Wonder how many Red Alert will take out due to his paranoia?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Not even the order. Since Flywheels would seem to have died before all those on the list. It's just that the Necrobot didn't get to him until after those others.

The Annual may have multiple stories too. The story referenced might be a backup story not the major one? We'll know soon.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Wonder how many Red Alert will take out due to his paranoia?
    I hope Red Alert doesn't come to that sort of end. I'm liking his character more with the last issues. Hope he goes trying to save/warn everyone of the impending danger.

Finally read this great issue. And yes awesome.

Fulcrum was actually interesting this issue in that I wasn't sure whether I liked him or hated him for most of the issue, which was half the point.

Poor old Diewheels, umm I mean Flywheels like those other flip changing big footed bots, Runamuck, Runabout, Topspin and Twintwist he came to an untimely end. Those guys just can't catch a break.

I was relieved to see that Krok survived though (sorta). He was already shaping up as an interesting character but historically Action Masters are not renowned for long lifespans.

The Necrobots cheatsheet is interesting to,there's actually geewun Autobots on it, I'm shicked!

The only problem is not I want to see more of the B crew.

So Necrobots are like Shinigamis?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    The only problem is not I want to see more of the B crew.
    I hope that the B crew stays safe if they ever get to Cybertron. Just caught up with RID last week, and was distraught to find Decepticons being sliced up like Sushi (Why Ratbat...??!?! He was my favourite Marvel Classic Decepticon accountant).

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    So Necrobots are like Shinigamis?
    No, the Necrobot records the death of every Transformer but does not partake in it.

A Shinigamis 'guides' the spirit of the newly dead from the body to the afterlife.

The annual continues the short but fine tradition setup by the first 8 issues. It is character driven, funny and interesting.

The start feels like one of the more light-hearted Doctor Who episodes, before getting deep and heavy, mythological/religious, introduces a new non cybertronian faction, introduces a new spin on the transformers origins, puts everyone in mortal peril fleshes out the feelings and thoughts of a number of characters relating to their actions in the ongoing, insults Prowl further and has more one liners than it is reasonable to fit in before ending with a convenient scientific guessing solution.

Can't wait to discuss finer details at a later date once everyone has had a read. This was a long and satisfying read, I genuinely laughed several times and instantly re-read it cover to cover to make sure I didn't miss anything. The art gets a bit sketchy in the last third, but the less finished art works in that part of the issue. Roberts has surpassed himself this time, and the fact it will tie directly into the RiD annual is pure gold.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)