Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Next Gen Select Combiner teased. Possible God Neptune

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Really? I know nothing about the characters but I love the colour scheme. That's why I'm seriously thinking about buying them.
    It's obviously a matter of personal taste. I personally much prefer the figures on the right of this pic than those on the left. But I'm happy for those that have been waiting for this.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    It's obviously a matter of personal taste. I personally much prefer the figures on the right of this pic than those on the left. But I'm happy for those that have been waiting for this.
    I've definitely been wanting this, so cheers. Personally I love the God Neptune deco, I think the combined mode looks just exquisite. One issue that I've always had with the set is the individual bots look very plain in robot mode without the stickers that their G1 counterparts have, but hopefully the Gen Select version will make it work.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Official images have dropped.

I am surprised a new character was invented and added to the team. I think the robot modes still suffer from a bit too bland but they are being accurate to the source.

I only want Scylla so if anyone just wants the other four... (I know who am I kidding!)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I think the robot modes still suffer from a bit too bland but they are being accurate to the source.
    Yeah, fair. The individual bots are pretty bland like the originals. I am absolutely loving the combined mode though.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I only want Scylla so if anyone just wants the other four... (I know who am I kidding!)
    This is most likely being sold as a box set, which is unfortunate for those who only want certain characters. Works for me though as I'm not a fan of separate releases for combiner teams as I want to combine them straight away.

I'm not familiar with God Neptune combiner. So are these separate characters in the Japanese G1 series, or are they the original Bots that undergo some sort of upgrade/transformation and loose a member along the way?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I'm not familiar with God Neptune combiner. So are these separate characters in the Japanese G1 series, or are they the original Bots that undergo some sort of upgrade/transformation and loose a member along the way?
    It was a reuse of the original Seacons moulds during the Beast Wars Japanese lines.

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Separate characters from BW Neo. The Destron (Predacon) Seacons are a bunch of space pirates that ally themselves with Megastorm and Galvatron.

What I'm really fascinated by is that they went to the extra effort of moulding specific parts for Scylla. The legs return to the Moonracer/Novastar/Greenlight/Lancer mold, and the robot chest is another new piece, and the head looks amended too to differentiate from the male Tentakill.

Zing preorder is live. $398

Takaratomy page linky
    https://tf.takaratomy.co.jp/products-lineup/tf_gs/gs-12

Page says They remoulded the Tentakil body for a more femme look, and it seems they have. Slimmer and a femme-er lookng face too!
    Legs as well by the looks of things.

Also, at 22000 cheaper than KP. Obviously because they only needed one colour of plastic

TTMall Shop page
    https://takaratomymall.jp/shop/g/g4904810153207/
    Drops October no gift wrapping available