Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best and worst of SDCC 2018?

Default Best and worst of SDCC 2018?

This year's SDCC has probably now revealed all of the new Transformers products it is likely to reveal, so what was your best and/or worst this year?

What items are you most looking forward to, or least looking forward to?

And are you more, or less, interested in the Bumblebee Movie later this year?

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    This year's SDCC has probably now revealed all of the new Transformers products it is likely to reveal, so what was your best and/or worst this year?

What items are you most looking forward to, or least looking forward to?

And are you more, or less, interested in the Bumblebee Movie later this year?
    To be honest, I was a bit underwhelmed by some of the assortment revealed so far for Siege: WFC. The toys looked cool, but nothing really struck me as a 'must-buy'. A lot of the characters were ones that already had fairly recent toy releases (regular cast members like Optimus Prime, Hound and Ultra Magnus, etc.), and the only really 'new' characters for the Generations line were Cog and the Micromasters. Not a single Decepticon was revealed. Also, battle-damage paint deco doesn't feel like a gimmick that justifies the higher prices we'd be expected to pay in the near future. But on a positive note, I think the most exciting toy of the line was Ultra Magnus. I'm quite fond of the White-Optimus-ish inner robot, and to see that in an Ultra Magnus toy (literally) just like the original G1 toy is a treat.

As for the Bumblebee movie, I'm still feeling more or less the same about it. As for the toys, the Target exclusive set with the Soundwave Cassette minions look interesting because it looks like it includes TR versions of Buzzsaw and Frenzy.

I wish they showed off more SWFC figures at this years show. Unfortunately it's more beneficial for companies to do online reveals on a day when they are not competing with other companies at a massive show.

Aside from that and what I mentioned in the news threads about apparently we are only getting half of each 1989 Micromaster team I have no huge complaints.

As for best, I don't know, let's say more G1 charactes getting a CHUG toy for the first time.

Best for me would be the two new Studio Series molds shown - BB Movie deluxe Bee and Dropkick. Some of the Siege stuff is a close second - Magnus and Ironhide in particular.

Most underwhelming? I'm still not quite sure what the point of Cyberverse is, apart from to have multiple size and price points of figures that would be probably pretty good if given proper budget and parts count.

Also there's a rumour flying around that the Decepticon WFCSiege figures will be revealed at NYCC, so this might now be it for the year.

(Also presumably Starscream and the red Decepticon whose name escapes me will probably get figures for the release of the movie, at the end of this year).
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Best for me would be the two new Studio Series molds shown - BB Movie deluxe Bee and Dropkick. Some of the Siege stuff is a close second - Magnus and Ironhide in particular.

Most underwhelming? I'm still not quite sure what the point of Cyberverse is, apart from to have multiple size and price points of figures that would be probably pretty good if given proper budget and parts count.

Also there's a rumour flying around that the Decepticon WFCSiege figures will be revealed at NYCC, so this might now be it for the year.

(Also presumably Starscream and the red Decepticon whose name escapes me will probably get figures for the release of the movie, at the end of this year).
    Starscream is Blitzwing.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Starscream is Blitzwing.
    This
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

On the plus side, the WFC stuff is great and now confirmation we are getting a Frenzy
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Starscream is Blitzwing.
    Yeah I thought that was a joke.

Maybe ok if its an actual triple changer and not a name change thing. I'm not totally up on the reasoning. Or is it a swerve??

Side note... Clone Wars news made my allergies play up big time. Help us Dave Filoni, you're our only hope. There is still good in Disney, I have felt it.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    Yeah I thought that was a joke....

Side note... Clone Wars news made my allergies play up big time. Help us Dave Filoni, you're our only hope. There is still good in Disney, I have felt it.
    Yeah I thought so too but considering I'm not likely to see the movie I will just laugh.

The Clone Wars news was my favourite by far. If it is anything like it used to be mixed in with some of the fantastic character development from Rebels then I will be very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by CHILENO20 View Post
    This
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    Yeah I thought that was a joke.

Maybe ok if its an actual triple changer and not a name change thing. I'm not totally up on the reasoning. Or is it a swerve??

Starscream is Blitzwing.

Wow that passed me by.

Not super fussed by name slaps in general. In a post Beast Wars world I'm open to anything. Inferno anyone?
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.