Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia


Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia > Beyond the Spacebridge (Non-Transformers Section) > All other Toys & Mixed - Discussion, Sales, Reviews

Sightings/Sales

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 25th August 2008, 11:10 PM
MV75's Avatar
MV75 MV75 is offline
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member
 
Join Date: 27th Dec 2007
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Posts: 2,773
Default

Ah, so they will have an actual Robotech line then. I think I might wait for those instead then. Do you know if they'll be cheaper than the Origin ones I linked?

This is the only thing I hate about these toys. The lines confuse me too much.
__________________
Code:
O o 
  _
 / --------------------------------
|      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
 \_--------------------------------
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 25th August 2008, 11:56 PM
blackie's Avatar
blackie blackie is offline
Rank 8 - Multi-Section Mod
 
Join Date: 30th Jul 2008
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 3,547
Default

anyone seen these arround?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Macross-Valkyrie...d=p3286.c0.m14

do they even transform??
__________________
http://black-bass.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 26th August 2008, 12:06 AM
Hereticpoo's Avatar
Hereticpoo Hereticpoo is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 1st Jan 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 511
Default

These look like the 1/144 Valks by Doyusha. They don't transform, they are mini display pieces.

Reviews of Macross toys here http://www.anymoon.com

and Macross Forums here http://www.macrossworld.com

Check 'em before you buy ANY Valk.


Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie View Post
anyone seen these arround?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Macross-Valkyrie...d=p3286.c0.m14

do they even transform??
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 26th August 2008, 12:07 AM
MV75's Avatar
MV75 MV75 is offline
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member
 
Join Date: 27th Dec 2007
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Posts: 2,773
Default

Usually that size are model kits. No, they don't usually transform, some can though, ask the seller.
__________________
Code:
O o 
  _
 / --------------------------------
|      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
 \_--------------------------------
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 26th August 2008, 12:35 AM
Robzy's Avatar
Robzy Robzy is offline
Rank 7 - Section Mod
 
Join Date: 28th Dec 2007
Location: A little to the left... a little bit more...
Posts: 3,829
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
Ah, so they will have an actual Robotech line then. I think I might wait for those instead then. Do you know if they'll be cheaper than the Origin ones I linked?
Well, firstly I should say that this Robotech line has only just been announced (not confirmed - it looks like it's going ahead - but I don't know when). So, not many details have been released. I should also point out that "apparently" they are re-sculpting the heads on these things to make them more anime accurate. So, while it means we'd be getting new moulds, it also means that the old heads won't be used. So if you prefer the original VF-1S, VF-1J, or VF-1A heads on the Chunky Monkeys, then you may be disappointed. Having said that, the new moulds look pretty damn sweet - they're just not the original heads (at least, that's what's been announced).

I wouldn't wait for this line to come out. I'd say grab the Macross Origin figures (which you linked to) regardless. They're excellent figures. I'm actually hoping they can come to some agreement to get a G1 Jetfire reissue too! Seems like Bandai are relaxing their stance a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
This is the only thing I hate about these toys. The lines confuse me too much.
So true! There's Macross, then there's DYRL, then Robotech. All different!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 26th August 2008, 01:58 PM
kurdt_the_goat's Avatar
kurdt_the_goat kurdt_the_goat is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 5th Apr 2008
Location: Toyooka
Posts: 3,193
Default

Hey, i'm looking at the upcoming VF-1A and VF-1J, both with Hikaru Ichijo i think (can someone confirm?).

What's the reasoning behind the different colour schemes? Is it just because of the A/J designation, or is the J done in a more anime accurate colours? I'm just wondering cause i heard people calling it a "TV" version?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 26th August 2008, 09:07 PM
MV75's Avatar
MV75 MV75 is offline
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member
 
Join Date: 27th Dec 2007
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Posts: 2,773
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
Well, firstly I should say that this Robotech line has only just been announced (not confirmed - it looks like it's going ahead - but I don't know when). So, not many details have been released. I should also point out that "apparently" they are re-sculpting the heads on these things to make them more anime accurate. So, while it means we'd be getting new moulds, it also means that the old heads won't be used. So if you prefer the original VF-1S, VF-1J, or VF-1A heads on the Chunky Monkeys, then you may be disappointed. Having said that, the new moulds look pretty damn sweet - they're just not the original heads (at least, that's what's been announced).

I wouldn't wait for this line to come out. I'd say grab the Macross Origin figures (which you linked to) regardless. They're excellent figures. I'm actually hoping they can come to some agreement to get a G1 Jetfire reissue too! Seems like Bandai are relaxing their stance a lot!

So true! There's Macross, then there's DYRL, then Robotech. All different!
So Bandai are going to use new moulds on the upcoming robotech line, and not the g1 jetfire mould?

And yea, I'm still waiting for an Encore jetfire.
__________________
Code:
O o 
  _
 / --------------------------------
|      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
 \_--------------------------------
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 26th August 2008, 10:25 PM
Tober's Avatar
Tober Tober is offline
Rank 8 - Multi-Section Mod
 
Join Date: 27th Dec 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 4,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
Hey, i'm looking at the upcoming VF-1A and VF-1J, both with Hikaru Ichijo i think (can someone confirm?).

What's the reasoning behind the different colour schemes? Is it just because of the A/J designation, or is the J done in a more anime accurate colours? I'm just wondering cause i heard people calling it a "TV" version?
Yes, they are both Hikaru's Valkyrie. In "Macross: Do You Remember Love?" h starts off with the 1A and then uses a 1S at the end - both with a red highlight. In the TV series "Super Dimentional Fortress: Macross" he starts off with the 1J with the red stripe across the head.

The VF-1J with the red stripe is seen very briefly in Armor in DYRL? Blink and you miss it tho:




Quote:
Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
And yea, I'm still waiting for an Encore jetfire.
As much as I would like to see it too, it's unlikley. Bandai own the rights to the Valkyrie mold and would have to make it available to a primary rival, Tomy. It may also require the consent of Kawamori, but seeing as apparently he has alot of misgivings about Robotech and still has a relationship with Tomy... maybe it is a possibility.
__________________
Which brings us to where we are today...



Last edited by Tober; 26th August 2008 at 10:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 27th August 2008, 07:48 PM
Lord_Zed's Avatar
Lord_Zed Lord_Zed is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 19th Jan 2008
Location: Sydneytron
Posts: 3,884
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
Hey, i'm looking at the upcoming VF-1A and VF-1J, both with Hikaru Ichijo i think (can someone confirm?).

What's the reasoning behind the different colour schemes? Is it just because of the A/J designation, or is the J done in a more anime accurate colours? I'm just wondering cause i heard people calling it a "TV" version?
What Tober said, one is TV version one is Movie. One is Vermillion Squadron the other Skull Squadron, get the version you like best, ther'e both accurate to the media they are based on.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 27th August 2008, 09:11 PM
kurdt_the_goat's Avatar
kurdt_the_goat kurdt_the_goat is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 5th Apr 2008
Location: Toyooka
Posts: 3,193
Default

Thanks guys. I was just curious really.. there's no doubt in my mind that i prefer the VF-1A's colors!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 10:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.