Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia


Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia > Beyond the Spacebridge (Non-Transformers Section) > Lego

Sightings/Sales

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 18th July 2016, 06:26 PM
Destructicon Destructicon is offline
Rank 3 - Basic Member
 
Join Date: 30th Nov 2013
Location: sydney
Posts: 67
Default

not sure if this has been posted but I just checked the current Toy catalogue from Target and on page 3 and 4 it has, The Lego Super Heroes Bat Cave listed for $399, UCS Hoth for $399 and the UCS Tie for $279.

I then quizzed the door girl about how long these sets listed above have been on sale at that particular store but she had no idea.

I then had a quick look through the shop in the Lego department but none were to be seen so they have either sold out or will be rolled out in the coming days/weeks.

Last edited by Destructicon; 18th July 2016 at 06:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 18th July 2016, 06:55 PM
Omega Metro's Avatar
Omega Metro Omega Metro is offline
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member
 
Join Date: 11th Dec 2012
Location: Perth
Posts: 1,914
Default

They have been out (and selling) for the last few weeks. I got mine 2 weeks ago. Some Targets are not putting stock out until the catalogue starts. Others have. And they are available to buy online too.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 19th July 2016, 09:19 AM
Destructicon Destructicon is offline
Rank 3 - Basic Member
 
Join Date: 30th Nov 2013
Location: sydney
Posts: 67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
They have been out (and selling) for the last few weeks. I got mine 2 weeks ago. Some Targets are not putting stock out until the catalogue starts. Others have. And they are available to buy online too.
Thanks Omega, I hope Target have a sale soon on those items I might save my money until then and swoop in and get a bargain if they last that long.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 19th July 2016, 09:28 AM
Omega Metro's Avatar
Omega Metro Omega Metro is offline
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member
 
Join Date: 11th Dec 2012
Location: Perth
Posts: 1,914
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructicon View Post
Thanks Omega, I hope Target have a sale soon on those items I might save my money until then and swoop in and get a bargain if they last that long.
Unfortunately there's no discount on Hoth or Batcave. You are probably better off buying it from Lego S@H during double VIP and get a free gift too. I used $200 worth of FlyBuy Dollars and staff discount so only paid $180 for my Batcave.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 19th July 2016, 06:15 PM
lobbing lobbing is offline
Rank 3 - Basic Member
 
Join Date: 22nd Feb 2014
Location: perth
Posts: 22
Default

There's a lot of bad reviews for the UCS Hoth set. To me it looks like they threw a bunch of smaller sets together in a box and slapped a UCS badge on it. $400 for 2000 pieces seems way overpriced and I'll save my money for another set.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 19th July 2016, 06:34 PM
i_amtrunks's Avatar
i_amtrunks i_amtrunks is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 31st Dec 2007
Location: Western Sydney
Posts: 6,735
Default

I've seen them in some stores, others have small tags saying to enquirer at layby or the service desk. Neither is very impressive in person.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 22nd July 2016, 08:02 PM
Destructicon Destructicon is offline
Rank 3 - Basic Member
 
Join Date: 30th Nov 2013
Location: sydney
Posts: 67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
Unfortunately there's no discount on Hoth or Batcave. You are probably better off buying it from Lego S@H during double VIP and get a free gift too. I used $200 worth of FlyBuy Dollars and staff discount so only paid $180 for my Batcave.
Thanks Omega, and gee that sucks about no discounts, so it looks like I will have sift through Gumtree because already there's some lady that has one for sale for $350.

It's only a matter of time before one of these vendors, who lets just say acquire these sets from questionable sources, will off load one in the high to low $200ish range.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 26th July 2016, 10:28 AM
SuspectimusPrime's Avatar
SuspectimusPrime SuspectimusPrime is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 14th Nov 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,778
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobbing View Post
There's a lot of bad reviews for the UCS Hoth set. To me it looks like they threw a bunch of smaller sets together in a box and slapped a UCS badge on it. $400 for 2000 pieces seems way overpriced and I'll save my money for another set.
Felt the same, so will be skipping this. Hopefully they bring out more starships with Rogue One at the end of the year.
__________________


変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 2nd September 2016, 09:06 PM
BruiseLee's Avatar
BruiseLee BruiseLee is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 22nd Feb 2014
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,662
Default

Finally picked this set up. Was looking to see if this would go on sale at Target but not sure if they will still have their X% off toy sales anymore with their everyday "low" prices.

Thanks though to a post by SuspectimusPrime, bought for 15% off via Target's eBay store.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 3rd September 2016, 12:02 PM
SuspectimusPrime's Avatar
SuspectimusPrime SuspectimusPrime is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 14th Nov 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,778
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
Finally picked this set up. Was looking to see if this would go on sale at Target but not sure if they will still have their X% off toy sales anymore with their everyday "low" prices.

Thanks though to a post by SuspectimusPrime, bought for 15% off via Target's eBay store.
Glad the sale worked out for you man!
__________________


変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 05:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.