Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia


Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia > Beyond the Spacebridge (Non-Transformers Section) > Lego

Sightings/Sales

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 30th July 2016, 10:27 PM
Megatran
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Anyone attend the Canberra Brick Expo this weekend?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 4th August 2016, 04:40 PM
kup's Avatar
kup kup is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 28th Dec 2007
Location: NSW
Posts: 14,651
Default

Is there a guide on grey brick color terminology? Apparently there are lots of different shades and for my project to work, I need to be consistent in color for each piece so need to be sure when ordering.

I am basically after a light shade of grey. I was going to settle with 'bluish grey' but perhaps light grey would be more optimal. I just need to see the differences
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 5th August 2016, 09:37 AM
lobbing lobbing is offline
Rank 3 - Basic Member
 
Join Date: 22nd Feb 2014
Location: perth
Posts: 22
Default

Here's the colour guide used on bricklink:
https://www.bricklink.com/catalogCol...content=subnav
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 17th August 2016, 11:01 AM
SuspectimusPrime's Avatar
SuspectimusPrime SuspectimusPrime is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 14th Nov 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,760
Default

Curious to know if there are standard display stands everyone is buying for their Lego ships.

I came across laserlab on eBay and their customs look amazing. If you've bought from them before, can anyone provide feedback over their angled 75105 Millennium Falcon display stand? How well does it hold?

Thanks in advance guys!
__________________


変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 17th August 2016, 02:24 PM
Trent's Avatar
Trent Trent is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 7th Mar 2012
Location: Wollongong
Posts: 5,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
Curious to know if there are standard display stands everyone is buying for their Lego ships.

I came across laserlab on eBay and their customs look amazing. If you've bought from them before, can anyone provide feedback over their angled 75105 Millennium Falcon display stand? How well does it hold?

Thanks in advance guys!
www.yetistand.com

He has a specific brick adaptor for the 75105 Falcon.

I have a few of his stands for my Macross Valkyries. Not cheap, but very much worth it.
__________________
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 18th August 2016, 10:18 AM
SuspectimusPrime's Avatar
SuspectimusPrime SuspectimusPrime is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 14th Nov 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,760
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent View Post
www.yetistand.com

He has a specific brick adaptor for the 75105 Falcon.

I have a few of his stands for my Macross Valkyries. Not cheap, but very much worth it.
Thanks Trent. The end effect is definitely amazing! Won't be buying them for all my ships, but I'd like the Falcon to be in a more dynamic pose.
__________________


変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 28th October 2016, 09:51 AM
kup's Avatar
kup kup is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 28th Dec 2007
Location: NSW
Posts: 14,651
Default

I am really struggling with Bricklink. The order parts count that I have is like 470 pieces yet the stores that have the supply have a lot averag so high that I can never reach it despite that amount. Others have horrible prices - One went as high as $200 while most other places are around $70 for the lot. They seem to impose so many restrictions that I always get caught out while making my order and need to look for another seller and it's not exactly easy to fill in the cart.

Another problem I have is that I can't piecemeal it across vendors because they have ridiculously high minimum order costs but only have a few items I need.

Ordering the pieces has been a lot harder than working out the pieces needed of my build. I am very close to giving up on this project due to how hard it is to order parts.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 28th October 2016, 04:14 PM
Lint's Avatar
Lint Lint is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 16th Jul 2008
Location: Melb
Posts: 3,554
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kup View Post
I am really struggling with Bricklink. The order parts count that I have is like 470 pieces yet the stores that have the supply have a lot averag so high that I can never reach it despite that amount. Others have horrible prices - One went as high as $200 while most other places are around $70 for the lot. They seem to impose so many restrictions that I always get caught out while making my order and need to look for another seller and it's not exactly easy to fill in the cart.

Another problem I have is that I can't piecemeal it across vendors because they have ridiculously high minimum order costs but only have a few items I need.

Ordering the pieces has been a lot harder than working out the pieces needed of my build. I am very close to giving up on this project due to how hard it is to order parts.
presume youre using the auto finder?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 29th October 2016, 08:02 AM
kup's Avatar
kup kup is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 28th Dec 2007
Location: NSW
Posts: 14,651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lint View Post
presume youre using the auto finder?
What's the autofindee? i just search for parts across stores.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 29th October 2016, 08:14 PM
The_Black_Sheep The_Black_Sheep is offline
Rank 3 - Basic Member
 
Join Date: 5th Feb 2011
Location: Syd
Posts: 205
Default

Kup, Have you tried using the part search? I sometimes use this page as a starting point & say I need a large amount of a certain brick, I'll find a store that's stocking enough of what I need & go from there. Sometimes you won't find one particular store that has absolutely everything you need so in that case I'd buy the parts I need from 2 stores or more.

For example, Here's all the stores that currently stock light-bluish gray 2x4 bricks. It may take a while to search what else these stores have in stock but it might be worth a look.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 12:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.