Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia > Beyond the Spacebridge (Non-Transformers Section) > Lego

Sightings/Sales

Old 13th June 2017, 07:24 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philby View Post
So I was chatting to someone who may or may not have some official info about this....who knows how true or whatever but...
will come with mynocks from ESB
OT and TFA radar dish options
mini figs from ESB and also upcoming the last jedi

I guess we will wait and see if any of this is true hehe
Pretty awesome if it has all the extras, really makes it like MP TF's with all the different Accs they come with now. Has a mynock ever been releases in Lego?
The later it gets, the less sense I will make (usually anything beyond 19:30 Qld time).
Old 13th June 2017, 08:51 AM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

No i think this will be the first lego mynock they were saying. It also would be a better built model with interior. I don't have the first UCS one but I believe it is kinda like my UCS star destroyer in that you basically have a technic frame and structure on the inside and no proper detail or play features. This will be more similar to the recent force awakens Falcon where you can open it up and it has a proper interior with details and features.

Somebody else I know apparently can't say anything at all due to an NDA. when I replied with basically "aha! that proves it exists otherwise you wouldn't need to sign anything" they said "what if the nda covers all ucs in general or another one in particular". very resistant to interrogation lol
Old 13th June 2017, 11:37 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philby View Post
No i think this will be the first lego mynock they were saying. It also would be a better built model with interior. I don't have the first UCS one but I believe it is kinda like my UCS star destroyer in that you basically have a technic frame and structure on the inside and no proper detail or play features. This will be more similar to the recent force awakens Falcon where you can open it up and it has a proper interior with details and features.

Somebody else I know apparently can't say anything at all due to an NDA. when I replied with basically "aha! that proves it exists otherwise you wouldn't need to sign anything" they said "what if the nda covers all ucs in general or another one in particular". very resistant to interrogation lol
I think the days of no internal structure like the UCS Star Destroyer and AT-ST are gone, which is a good thing imho. The SSD has some nice internals, but yeah, I couldn't believe the AT-ST when I got it a couple of years ago, the thing is, there is space in there for a couple of seats, drivers, controls etc. I have the Falcon from about five years ago and that is a great little set when opened up, so there is no reason they can't do that with a UCS Falcon. Price is gonna be killer though.

Here's the old UCS Falson being handled by Harrison Ford.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_FieJToFKc
The later it gets, the less sense I will make (usually anything beyond 19:30 Qld time).
Old 13th June 2017, 12:24 PM

What would be your price limit on a re-release? I could stomach anything from $600 - $800 but reaching towards $1000 would be hard to justify.
Old 13th June 2017, 01:11 PM

I don't really know to be honest. I have a feeling really the price won't bother me, I would be likely getting it regardless. I've been thinking about getting 2 even, with the 2nd one staying in the box as an 'investment'.
Old 13th June 2017, 02:02 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
What would be your price limit on a re-release? I could stomach anything from $600 - $800 but reaching towards $1000 would be hard to justify.
It's a good question. 10179 rrp in AU was $979.99 but was only $499 in the US. So maybe $800?

I'm not very good at guessing prices.
Old 13th June 2017, 03:13 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

If it goes to Myer it will be about $1500.
Old 13th June 2017, 04:29 PM

Blergh I hope not. Prices like that is why "Lepin" exist.
Old 13th June 2017, 09:23 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent View Post
It's a good question. 10179 rrp in AU was $979.99 but was only $499 in the US. So maybe $800?

I'm not very good at guessing prices.
Lego is not from the Coles camp of "down, down, prices are down!"

It'll be a ridiculous mark up price, with the Australia tax added on afterwards like the latest Death Star set that jumped $100 for not many new or improved pieces.
Old 13th June 2017, 09:59 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
Lego is not from the Coles camp of "down, down, prices are down!"

It'll be a ridiculous mark up price, with the Australia tax added on afterwards like the latest Death Star set that jumped $100 for not many new or improved pieces.
However the Saturn V set is quite well priced. The exchange rate plays a part in the AU price and it would have been pretty poor when the original was released.