Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In hand photo gallery of CW Victorion

Here are the instructions (both the standard and Chinese versions) to help you understand why I was confused:

I unfortunately don't know my way around taobao as I can't read Chinese. I have to get my husband to (reluctantly) help me if I have a direct link to exactly what I want. I wish I could use it more as I know I am missing out on some great stuff but I can't complain as HK prices aren't too bad most of the time.

And for some amusement: I came home last night after spending the day taking a fellow Ozformer around HK to find my daughter had decided her Combiner Hunters needed to get in on the action with Victorion. LOL (note we don't have access to the english comics so she hasn't seen what Victorion's storyline is yet).

Quote Originally Posted by doublespy View Post
    Yep that should be Dustup you were referring to, who's inspired by Nightbird if I'm not mistaken?

And love your write-ups.

Btw if you know your way around taobao you'd find getting stuff from mainland China is quick and so damn cheap

Wow, those photos are so cool (respectfully disagree on the colors )with Windblade and Victorion together. I can't wait to get my hands on her to go with the SDCC set.

But I think the most awesome part of this whole story is that your daughter was actually playing with her. Toys being used for the purpose they were intended, and without being bribed. Totally cool.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I collect CW and I share spiderken27's sentiment. The colours look like they're from some unreleased prototype and not a final product. Meh.
    Could be worse. Hasbro could have gone with Hot Pink and Allspark Blue.

But seriously they look meh. I'll still get them, but I'm not paying much for them.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    Hmm... according to the paperwork included with Victorion the windblade looking face is Dust Up and the Gorilla looking face is Jumpstream...

Which is correct? (I don't read the comics so I based naming on what was included on the instructions which are the same in both english and chinese)
    *confused*
    Oh right, when you said Optimus Primal I was thinking of his robot mode face, which is a bit more iconic than just gorilla. That's why I thought your comment was odd because none of the headsculpts really look like his.

Anyway, doublespy is correct, Dustup is the Nightbird looking one.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Dustup

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Jumpstream

I'm surprised you're not reading the comics, I thought you'd be interested in what Windblade gets up to.

The torchbearers are honestly kind of non-characters at the moment, like, they're just there. If the name mixup on the instructions is an issue it wouldn't be hard to swap their names around, or even invent a contrivance to do so (like Swoop and Divebomb swapping names, or Octane and Trailbreaker changing their names to Tankor and Trailcutter to match toys on the shelf)
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post

I'm surprised you're not reading the comics, I thought you'd be interested in what Windblade gets up to.
    I (and my daughter) are interested in the comics but I can't get English language comics here so until I get back to Oz to try and find them I'm not going to be able to catch up reading the story. We don't do digital comics and I wouldn't even know where to start looking to source at a reasonable price to ship here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy
    Going off to read the blog review, but before I do, just gonna say I was more interested in what a red Rain Day was over Victorion...

And Away I go
    A red rain storm is a bad thunderstorm that the HK govt deem too dangerous for people (and especially children) to move around outside. If they make the alert before school hours then all schools in HK are cancelled for the day. There is also a black rain storm which is even worse and can involve workers having to stay home too and voids insurance on motor vehicles so you can't drive, nor can taxis or buses run.

Back on topic, whilst out today with a fellow OZformer we saw Victiorion on the shelves in various stores in Mong Kok. Her retail price varied from around HK$799 (AU$141.41) up to around HK$900 (AU$160).

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    I (and my daughter) are interested in the comics but I can't get English language comics here so until I get back to Oz to try and find them I'm not going to be able to catch up reading the story. We don't do digital comics and I wouldn't even know where to start looking to source at a reasonable price to ship here.
    Have you tried Book depository? They ship free worldwide, including Hong Kong. They only stock the trade paperbacks and hardcover collections - not single issues - but I think that's the best way to collect the comics.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    Have you tried Book depository? They ship free worldwide, including Hong Kong. They only stock the trade paperbacks and hardcover collections - not single issues - but I think that's the best way to collect the comics.
    Yeah - I used to use them a lot. The last 2 book orders I placed with them never arrived (twice each time as they resent and nothing arrived a second time either). Their shipments to HK seem to have problems with lots of people here having the same issue as us so I've given up on them for now. :/