Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TFCC WILL be closing at the end of this year

Default TFCC WILL be closing at the end of this year

This was at the end of an email I recieved from the club this morning:

Please note that March 16 is the last day you can join the Transformers Collectors Club. If you are interested in receiving the discounts for BotCon, the 2016 FREE Membership Incentive figure and/or purchasing the TFSS 5.0 (to be revealed in full at BotCon 2016) you will need to be an active member as of March 16. All memberships will end December 31, 2016. Hasbro looks forward to sharing new plans for the Collector’s Club with you in the future.

We appreciate your support over the last 12 years and wish the brand well in their new endeavors.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to seeing each and every one of our Club members at BotCon 2016!

Brian

Not sure how that works getting the TFSS 5.0 if all memberships will be ending at the end of this year

But at least it sounds like Hasbro will ensure there is a collectors club in some shape or form after Funpub closes up their TF shop

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    But at least it sounds like Hasbro will ensure there is a collectors club in some shape or form after Funpub closes up their TF shop
    Be careful what you wish for.

IDW will have any convention/club comic book duties to themselves from now on it seems. Makes sense.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

The writing was kind of on the wall.

the question now is do I sign up for their last year and get the subscription service that I'm so far liking the look of or do I just drop it.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

They're asking for a lot there, paying for a full year of membership, but only getting 3/4. Can you opt in to the sub service anytime up until the 31st?

Glad to see tehm go to be honest. I wonder if they keep the GI Joe license? I wonder how much of this is attributed to the popularity of TFs and the cost of the license now. Perhaps the club hasn't been able to make enough money to combat the cost of the license after the movies?

Well my membership ends in December... so this works out pretty well for me

I will be signing up for Subscription service 5 and picking up all the exclusives as per normal

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Agnew View Post
    Be careful what you wish for.
    Agreed. I don't trust Hasbro.

When rumours happened that Disney was buying them off, I wanted it to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Well my membership ends in December... so this works out pretty well for me

D
    Yeah mine would end next January so only paying for a few weeks I won't get

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    When rumours happened that Disney was buying them off, I wanted it to be true.
    You're halfway there, but nobody has quiiiiiite got it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Not sure how that works getting the TFSS 5.0 if all memberships will be ending at the end of this year
    They are fast-tracking the shipping of the fourth series, giving them plenty of time to ship the fifth series (and sell them during the release of the fourth series).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The current issue of the Club Magazine has apparently noted that the fourth Subscription set (Thunder Mayhem & Impactor) will start shipping in April (after BotCon which is in the first week), with each toy being send out 3 weeks apart... further supporting the suspicion that they are trying to squeeze in the fifth Subscription set before the end of the year, as if their license ends this year.

This could mean that the fourth set could be sent out by the first week of August, giving them 21 weeks to get the fifth set sent out, when they only need 18 weeks at this 3-week schedule.
    That could give them enough time to get the pre-orders done in March/April (which are often only about 2-3 weeks), and get the toys made and sent to them by August/September.

So, giving FunPub a week to get back from the convention and get back to their usual routine, these are the likely postage dates for the fourth set...
    Toy 1 - Week starting Monday April 18th
    Toy 2 - May 9th
    Toy 3 - May 30th
    Toy 4 - June 20th
    Toy 5 - July 11th
    Toy 6&7 - August 1st

That gives them until September 12th to then start sending out the fifth set at 3 week intervals, to still get the last one posted out in the last week of the year.