Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Encore God Fire Convoy recall.

Default Encore God Fire Convoy recall.

This looks bad. According to Seibertron the God Fire Convoy reissue is plagued with issues to the point that Takara Tomy is possibly going to recall the set. For such an expensive reissue this is bad but not completely unprecedented as Encore Fort Max was also plagued with QC issues to the point every figure was reopened and inspected before shipping to retailers though he was never recalled.

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...n-japan/41045/

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    This looks bad. According to Seibertron the God Fire Convoy reissue is plagued with issues to the point that Takara Tomy is possibly going to recall the set. For such an expensive reissue this is bad but not completely unprecedented as Encore Fort Max was also plagued with QC issues to the point every figure was reopened and inspected before shipping to retailers though he was never recalled.

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...n-japan/41045/
    hmmm I was thinking how does this go with mine at hlj, its currently sitting in my pw. I might contact them and see what there thoughts are.

Ok, this has me worried.
    My God Fire Convoy is still sitting in my private warehouse with Hobby Link Japan. It costed a lot of money that I don’t exactly have a lot of right now. If when it arrives it has bad QC I will have spent all that money in a dud. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    Ok, this has me worried.
    My God Fire Convoy is still sitting in my private warehouse with Hobby Link Japan. It costed a lot of money that I don’t exactly have a lot of right now. If when it arrives it has bad QC I will have spent all that money in a dud. :/
    That’s why I’m asking them what the go is as I won’t be buying known faulty goods. I’ll let you know the reply

bowspearer Guest

If it gets recalled I don't think we will see any more reissues of really old toys.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
    That’s why I’m asking them what the go is as I won’t be buying known faulty goods. I’ll let you know the reply
    Thanks Zoon. Hopefully they get back to you soon.

I’m thinking maybe since I have some items in my private warehouse that need to be shipped soon, I might just ship my God Fire Convoy with them and try my luck. Not all of them are faulty it seems.

Then if it turns out faulty I’ll contact HLJ for a refund. Since they do refund damaged/ defective items.
    But if it turns out I get lucky and get one without issues I’ll keep it, regardless of whether TakaraTomy issues a recall.

If I return it then if there’s a recall. Well I get my money back and will probably put that towards a future trip to Japan and hopefully try to find a fire Convoy and God Magnus while I’m over there from somewhere like Mandarake.
    Or if there’s no recall maybe i’ll Try my luck getting a replacement form HLJ if they still have stock left.

It’s reallyunfortuante that such a big and expensive item has so many potential QC issues. It’s bad for us fans. And it’s bad for Takara Tomy too. Hopefully things either aren’t as bad as the Internet is making them out to be. Or things can be fixed/improved soon

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    If it gets recalled I don't think we will see any more reissues of really old toys.
    Now you're making me feel really, really old. You sound like a doomsday preacher.

Are the going to recall the originals for tyre cracking issues
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    Are the going to recall the originals for tyre cracking issues
    I have been wondering if this reissue fixes the tyre issues or not. I have a couple of cracks in the tyres of several RID toys and also my Encore Jazz hasa almost lost a tyre completely. This is why I now prefer plastic tyres.