Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IDW Transformers Vs Star Trek comic

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Star Trek crossover? It's about time. Crossover with the animated series? Unexpected.

But complaints about Windblade? Questioning if Janeway a woman and saying she's always crying? Would have hoped that a discussion about Star Trek and Tranformers wouldn't have got so sexist so quickly. I mean this isn't another Star Wars thread is it?
    I note you completely skipped how I said that another female character should have been the captain on Voyager instead of Janeway. Also skipped how I suggested a female character should have been the one in charge rather than the male captain they had on Enterprise.

So don’t talk bollocks about it being sexist. I’m allowed to hate a character that is female and make fun of her without it meaning I hate all women or think women should have played less of a prominent role in Star Trek. And others were suggesting they are getting tired of how prominent Windblade is, I don’t think any of them suggested it’s because she is female. In fact:

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    it would be nice if they could use or develop some other female TF characters, not to mention diverge from the same old G1 staple characters for one of these things. It all looks like another stale cash grab shoehorning a bunch of "classic" characters together for no reason.

I don’t want another big argument along these lines so I’m going to leave it there. And if any female members wanna make fun of a male character go right ahead - I won’t label you sexist for it, I’ll just think you don’t like that particular guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    Way to kill an active thread.

Just cos we're Transformers &/or Star Trek fans doesn't mean characters are beyond reproach. We have our favourites & those we'd rather use as bum wipes. God help me if we can't express our views cos someone wants to pull out the sexist card at every turn. Come at me all you religious nutters.
    Well said - god forbid we couldn’t make fun of Wheelie anymore

Trev, I have nothing against Kirk, Spock or McCoy. It's just the crappy 60s scripts, sets, costumes, etc. are incredibly tacky. The 60s really sucked. Give me the 80s and beyond or give me death!

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Trev, I have nothing against Kirk, Spock or McCoy. It's just the crappy 60s scripts, sets, costumes, etc. are incredibly tacky. The 60s really sucked. Give me the 80s and beyond or give me death!
    And you are allowed to feel that way my friend.

I disagree - that era gave us the best Batman show ever - but it would be a boring old world if we all liked the same things eh

If I’m totally honest, my fav Trek eps ever were the seasons of DS9 during the Dominion War

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    And you are allowed to feel that way my friend.

I disagree - that era gave us the best Batman show ever - but it would be a boring old world if we all liked the same things eh

If I’m totally honest, my fav Trek eps ever were the seasons of DS9 during the Dominion War
    I wish they hadn't given up on the JJverse. A more modern take on TOS was great for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    So Rolf Harris is half Edosian.

I'll show myself out...
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Bwah hahaha!

I’ll totally pay that - nice one!
    Yep, I'll pay that, for the younger viewers, look up jake the peg.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I wish they hadn't given up on the JJverse. A more modern take on TOS was great for me.
    I'm pretty sure there is a fourth movie in the works.

as for favorites in Star trek. That's tricky.
    TOS the show will never live up to the footage in my head when I read the novel versions by james Blish when I was a young teen. I've only started watching the re-mastered version for the first time over the last year and while the concepts behind the stories and the characters are great, it really hasn't aged all that well as a show I can share with others who don't necessarily get star trek. My first visual exposure to star trek that I can remember was a read along book with tape of the search for spock. so that is what flavoured my imagination when reading those books.

I saw Star Trek TNG on tv for the first time in 1992 (in the US) as a result, the D is my favourite enterprise and Picard is my favourite Captain.
    Scotty is my favourite Engineer, btw, though Chief O'Brien is a close second.

We watched DS9 all the way through as part of the Science fiction club I was president of for two years while I was at Uni. that's my favourite series (I even volunteered at the star trek exhibit at the powerhouse museum one summer in those years, and dressed as a klingon)

I enjoyed Voyager, I even liked Janeway. her struggles harmonising the crew and loosing all those shuttle craft and crew over the 7 seasons was pretty interesting. I thought she was a good fresh take after the bravado of Sisko.

I've not watched enough Enterpise past season 1 to have a proper opinion. it's on my to do list.

I've really enjoyed Discovery, a lot, I'm just not sure it's Star Trek.
    the Orville is a whole lot of fun.

The Defiant is possibly my favourite Star Trek ship of all time.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I saw Star Trek TNG on tv for the first time in 1992 (in the US) as a result, the D is my favourite enterprise and Picard is my favourite Captain.
    Scotty is my favourite Engineer, btw, though Chief O'Brien is a close second.
    I think the Enterprise-D is probably the most recognizable Star Fleet vessel to the general public. Though he is not my fav, a lot of people feel the same way about Picard, I know a mates Mum thinks he is simply the best. I did quite like the Enterprise-E and I thought Picard was great in the 8th movie where he fought the Borg.

Yeah, O'Brien is a great character

We watched DS9 all the way through as part of the Science fiction club I was president of for two years while I was at Uni. that's my favourite series (I even volunteered at the star trek exhibit at the powerhouse museum one summer in those years, and dressed as a klingon)

The Defiant is possibly my favourite Star Trek ship of all time.
    The beauty with DS9 was that it was an ongoing storyline with the Dominion War and constantly reoccurring bad guys like Dukat. And of course there was Jeffrey Combs that played Weyoun who does the voice of Ratchet in TFPrime and (15)RID. Quark was great and of course - Morn!

The Defiant was a beast! It was like a tiny fist designed for maximum impact!

I enjoyed Voyager, I even liked Janeway. her struggles harmonising the crew and loosing all those shuttle craft and crew over the 7 seasons was pretty interesting. I thought she was a good fresh take after the bravado of Sisko.
    I liked the concept of Voyager - a Federation Starship stuck on the far side of the Delta Quadrant and trying to get home. I watched all of the first four seasons before I gave up on it. The cast just did nothing for me - I didn't like Chikotay, I didn't like Kim, I didn't even like Tuvok and I usualy love the Vulcans. I hated Janeway (not because she was female) and I've never been a fan of Kate Mulgrew anyway, haven't liked her since 'Throw Momma From the Train'.

I kinda liked Paris, I kinda liked Torres. The Holographic Doctor and 7 of 9 remain two of my favorite Star Trek characters of all time and I credit them with me sticking with the series for as long as I did.

But I could never quite get the past the fact that my mind kept throwing up 'If this was Kirk, he would have had them home before the end of the pilot episode'

I've not watched enough Enterpise past season 1 to have a proper opinion. it's on my to do list.
    It was pretty lackluster and I think we had had so many Star Trek shows going for so long that everyone was kinda over it. I watched the first few seasons haphazardly but it's probably the series I know the least well. I liked T'Pol and Tucker and the rest of the cast were just dull (though the alien Doc had his odd moments).

I've really enjoyed Discovery, a lot, I'm just not sure it's Star Trek.
    the Orville is a whole lot of fun.
    I've never even heard of that! What is it?

They need to make a Star Trek show where it is just Kirk (played by Shatner), 7of9, T'Pol, the Holographic Doc and Morn hooning through the universe on the Defiant getting into mischef and blowing sh*t up - it would be the best Trek show ever!

Megatron Guest

I actually like the idea of Star Trek meeting Transformers, though I probably (definitely) won't like the way IDW will handle it.

Since we are on the topic, here's my 2 cents on Star Trek...

Can't stand TOS, period. Maybe it's the era... or just Kirk.

Never saw the Animated series.

TNG was good when I watched it, but I couldn't watch it again. Best things I got out of this series was Data, and the Borg (notwithstanding the CUBE ).

Voyager was interesting. The last few episodes were my fave, in the sense that it finalised the story and rounded out Janeway's character nicely. My fav characters from this series: The Doc, 7o9, Tuvok, and Janeway. Neelix was sorta fun.

DS9: I could watch this series again. Great premise with more of a cinematic feel. The ongoing war gave it a good continuing plot from one episode to the next, and depth. Did not like the Bajorans or their prophets (boring!), or those Vic Fontaine episodes. Fave characters: Quark, Sisko, Dukat, Weyoun was sorta interesting... but my all time fave is Elim Garak.

Enterprise: Meh. Maybe Dr. Phlox.

Haven't seen Discovery yet.