0 0%
  • Only if (something else)

0 0%
  • No

3 27.27%
  • Not even interested

6 54.55%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - Cyberverse Starscream (Warrior)

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    So... this is a $30 deluxe!!? Aside from the other toys in the photo confirming the scale, this really does look like a Kabaya-freebie-with-candy level toy.
    Correction, it's a $35 dollar deluxe at Kmart. I bought one tonight, and it's actually a REALLY fun toy. I am worried that the wing slash gimmick will break with repeated usage (it makes an awfully loud clicking noise each time, especially if you turn it more than once for a longer wingslash attack). But the transformation to jet is really simple, and will be fun for younger hands (growing the brand). It reminds me of the McDonald's Armada Starscream transformation design, but at double the size it's not a happy meal toy. At 25-40% smaller than a deluxe in jet mode, nor is it truly a deluxe either - some hybrid between legends and deluxe size classes.

The price though - it's really effed up. If Starscream wasn't my favourite character I would not have bought it. I suspect they'll go on clearance, because I can see it appealing to collectors and parents are going to say WTF for a toy that small at $35.

If you want a more favourable review, BensCollectables does a nice review and better demonstrates both the play feature, and jet mode. With a little more paint (his cannons are cast in the blue plastic of his hands, and need silver highlights) he could be greatly improved. I doubt that young kids (his targeted demographic) will even notice though..... but might be disappointed if / when the action figure breaks.
    Last edited by reillyd; 11th August 2018 at 04:42 PM.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Thank you for moving the discussion because I was about to talk about the poor quality of Cyberverse on this Starscream thread, due to this Starscream so far epitomising this series.
    Last edited by shockNwave; 9th August 2018 at 10:06 PM.