Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New PCC - Stunticons, Undertow and Salvage

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    Yeah. I can see armies of Parental Groups being Reeeeeal happy with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Considering what happened to Jeremy Clarkson when he described James May's Ferrari as having 'Special Needs' , HASBRO is going to cop a flogging... wait, you can't do that either now!?!...
    Here we go, the parents will complain at some stage, whether it be by the parents in the US, UK, or here.

Hence why the Spastic Centre were trying to change their name. 65 years ago when they started, it wasn't a derogatory thing. Now it is. Now they are known as Cerebral Palsy: The Spastic Centre.

Aside from that, I think is it is a dumb name to call him anyway. Not a bad looking figure though.

Bwahahaha! They even TM'ed it, classic!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It might not be offensive in America, but it is still derogatory, so I'm surprised they would name a toy or character in that way. At best it should be a description of a character, not a name.
    I am not surprised. It's not like if it's the first time something like this has happened.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I am not surprised. It's not like if it's the first time something like this has happened.
    Yeah, Hasbro is full of spastic dropkicks, slags and slappers.

I was having a look at PCC Undertow with Waterlog, and Waterlog seems to have googley eyes heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Yeah, Hasbro is full of spastic dropkicks, slags and slappers.
    Though in fairness, they do occasionly cause fan-induced Erectors!

Makes their politically-correct removal of Slag as a modern character name silly.

That said, if "Spastic and the Stunticons" are somehow released here or even exist with that name, I will try to get it for the novelty.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post

That said, if "Spastic and the Stunticons" are somehow released here or even exist with that name, I will try to get it for the novelty.
    Same. I have stopped collecting for a couple of years for financial reasons but if they make their way out here I'll have to get them for the novelty
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

The thing is, I cannot see how anyone at Hasbro could use that word to name a toy without knowing its meaning. There's no form of that word that doesn't either refer to the medical condition, or directly derive from the medical condition as an insult. What were they even going for, and how was there no-one in the entire creative process who went, "Hold on... Spastic? WTF?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    The thing is, I cannot see how anyone at Hasbro could use that word to name a toy without knowing its meaning. There's no form of that word that doesn't either refer to the medical condition, or directly derive from the medical condition as an insult. What were they even going for, and how was there no-one in the entire creative process who went, "Hold on... Spastic? WTF?"
    Tells you how much regard there is for the franchise at some levels over there.