Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New info Transformers: Robots in Disguise

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    OK, what are we going to call this series when talking about it? We already have a TV series called RID and a comic series called RID. Not to mention the Prime RID toy line and the AOE RID toy line. Plus lots of secondary market sellers list their AEC toys as RID.
    RID for the 2000 series, RiD for the comic and rid for the new show?

I wonder how long we will go into the new rid series before Prime comes back from the dead?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    I think it looks pretty good. I like Sideswipe, but I have no clue how they're going to make transforming toys out of these guys.
    They'll design them with computers first, then move onto plastic prototypes to check transformations & paint apps etc before beginning mass production

*badoom-tish*

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    RID for the 2000 series, RiD for the comic and rid for the new show?
    Because when referencing, or needing a short topic title, "RID Optimus" (even with different capitalisation that you will only see in text, IF the poster was being accurate) can now mean five different things - 2000 series toy, IDW comic appearance, TFPrime toy, Movie toy, and a 2014/2015 series toy (because you know that there will be an Optimus eventually).

And it can get very wordy when discussing things to say 4 words everytime when one can do.

We aren't looking for alternate ways of referring to each different version to create work for ourselves or debate, we are just looking for new abbreviations to go with things like Gen1, BW, DOTM, BWNeo, MP, SWTF, etc. Many are undisputed by the fandom, but that's generally if they are from a uniquely named series, and are thrown out there early for others to adopt and filter out among the fansites.

I entered the collector fandom in 2007. I hardly remember it but about that time TFA went from being an abbreviation for Armada to Animated.

morg176 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I propose the term 'RID15' as a shorthand for the robots in disguise 2015 cartoon/toys

All in favour ?

Or just RD, since prepositions aren't meant to be included in acronyms anyway (that's why USA isn't TUSOA, UK isn't TUK, FIFA isn't FIDFA etc. ).

I was going to suggest TFPRiD, but that's already used to describe the Transformers Prime Robots In Disguise toy line, which will be different from the Transformers Robots In Disguise Which Is The Sequel To Transformers Prime But Isn't Called Transformers Prime franchise. excuse me while my shift key recovers...

also, does anyone else think that fixit looks silly/ reminds me of beast machines rattrap. ;/

I said I was "a little surprised", there was no negativity. Dont be such a drama queen.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    Because Knockout wasn't a "bad boy" also takes place years after prime.

It's only just been announced and look at all tthe negativity

I think it'll be ok. We will just have to get used to putting the year in our search. RID 2015, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It was the same when TFPrime had named its main series after "First Edition" as "Robots in Disguise"... it was difficult to look up anything on ebay because if you used "Prime" you got mostly Optimus results, and if you used "Robots in Disguise" or "RID" you got a lot of 2001-2002 toys.

This is just going to be a whole new level of pain if searching for anything from either of those three series.

BTW, the new series logo has been unveiled by Hasbro, to reinforce the new name as being definite.... and a lot of comments are about them already using that name for a series.

New promo trailer up on Hasbro's Tansformers facebook

Found this when reading TFW2005, discovery credit to them.

Visuals looks good but someone in audio needs to be fired for ripping off The Prodigy, and badly too!