Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New York Comic Con News.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    2 - Kreo
    - RID Buildsets (with Kreons and a Protoform? capsule/pod/coffin?)
    Optimus (truck) w/ 4 Kreons
    Underbite (purple vehicle) w/ 3 Kreons
    Bumblebee (yellow car) w/ 3 Kreons
    Sideswipe (red car) w/ 2 Kreons
    Strongarm (blue offroad) w/ 2 Kreons
    - RID Custom W1
    Bumblebee (yellow)
    ??? (dark blue)
    Optimus (red)
    ??? (green)
    - Gen1 Small Battle Changers (convertible)
    Bumblebee (car)
    Grimlock (dinosaur)
    Starscream (jet)
    Optimus (truck cab)
    - Gen1 big Battle Changers (convertible) (all these years of fans demanding convertible Kreo... careful what you wish for, because these aren't good)
    Optimus (truck and trailer - only truck cab is robot mode)
    Megatron (tank - the "new" Gen1 form of Megatron toys now)
    Ratchet (ambulance)
    Soundwave (jet - similar to TFCybertron) WITH Laserbeak, Ravage, Rumble, Frenzy.
    - Blind packs (don't appear to be MicroCHANGERS this time)
    (12 Gen1 characters in historical outfits.... WTF?... no more characters left to convert???)
    The unknown Customs could be Grimlock (green) and Steeljaw (blue).

From this official image of the 12 blind pack "warriors"...
    There are two of each in different "human" costumes.
    Optimus - samurai & cowboy
    Bumblebee - roman & cowboy
    Megatron - ninja & knight?
    Starscream - WW1 or WW2 aviator & musketeer?
    Shockwave - ninja & WW1 or WW2 tank operator
    Ratchet - musketeer? & roman

What were they smoking?
    Surely there are other Microchangers they could have created or recoloured.

So much G1 win.....(single tear rolls down cheek)

All bought on site (spelling intended as these will be online as I have zero faith in Aus retail)
    And as others have mentioned the new black packaging looks so much better then the current stuff

Holy *expletive* cow. That Thundercracker is AMAZING. AMAZING. The colours (the show ones, not the photoshop) are spot on sky blue and the IDW F-22 look is there. I hope we get Starscream and Skywarp, but this will do me. I'm guessing a lot more people will want the Marissa Faireborn figure that's coming out. I kind of want it myself, but a dog is needed.

The combiners are looking really good. I love the new boxes. Very displayable black with nice art. Optimus Prime actually looks pretty good in the photo of his box.

As for Huffer, YES. I was a little disappointed seeing the thumbnail of him on TFW, being a retool of Optimus but when I saw the close up pics, it's genius. It's so Huffer. You can see most of Huffer's classic torso under the windows, which is nice. The head is 100% awesome. It was pretty smart of Hasbro. This is a Sandstorm-level good. Bring on a Pipes repaint!

I like the very GEEWUN Kreo builds. They took note of all the customs, and pulled them off well, especially Starscream. I'll buy a TC redeco.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I know about them. I certainly raised my eyebrow when I saw them pop up in the chapter for that scene. RiD has been doing a fair bit of toy selling recently though it doesn't bother me that much since it was largely tasteful.

Except for Slag changing his name to Slug just because Arcee told him it's offensive. Since when does Slag (SLAG!) of all bots care about other's feelings?

None the less, Superion remains firmly as my No# 1 anticipated purchase in the next year. I'm making preparations on where to place him.

So much cheaper than a third-party one. Although at Myer, US$103 = AU$350, so I guess we'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gofigure View Post
    So much G1 win.....(single tear rolls down cheek)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
    All bought on site (spelling intended as these will be online as I have zero faith in Aus retail)
    +1

Lets see,
    A boring big blue jet to compliment the boring small blue jet... an orange Prime repaint... another Optimus... kiddy toys and green dinosaurs...
    Combiner Wars, now we're talking

Nothing new revealed here that is really thrilling me. Though still digging the robot faces on the new combiners, if not all their alt modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Nothing new revealed here that is really thrilling me. Though still digging the robot faces on the new combiners, if not all their alt modes.
    On the subject of the Combiners' robot faces, have we seen Ultra Prime's gestalt head? The back of the box seems to show Superion's. (Unless he's supposed to have Superion's head...) Also, it might be cool if they recoloured Dead End as Jazz, Breakdown as Sideswipe, Drag Strip as Mirage, and Offroad as Windcharger. Then they can merge into Masquerade Menasor, and make it more logical why Optimus is a Special Team torso now.

On the subject of the Combiners' robot faces, have we seen Ultra Prime's gestalt head? The back of the box seems to show Superion's. (Unless he's supposed to have Superion's head...) Also, it might be cool if they recoloured Dead End as Jazz, Breakdown as Sideswipe, Drag Strip as Mirage, and Offroad as Windcharger. Then they can merge into Masquerade Menasor, and make it more logical why Optimus is a Special Team torso now.
    That's seems way to clever for Hasbro though, like if they had made the torso reapint bot Prowlimus Prime like in the IDW comics rather than plain old Optimus.

I assumed Optimus is a special team torso now because he and Bumblebee can do anything.