Page 194 of 316 FirstFirst ... 174184189190191192193194195196197198199204214 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 3157

Thread: premiumcollectables (Australia) new items and updates

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The last time I did a broad comparison of pre-order prices was for MP Road Rage back in April/May 2015 (Yen prices are calculated based on the exchange rate on 9/5/15). I ordered two MP Road Rages, one from HLJ and another from Amazon JP. I didn't order one from PC, but I know that I was charged $9.95 for my MP Ironhide shipping, so I'm just going to use that same rate for Road Rage. Note that the advertised price on HLJ and Amazon reflect what they are currently charging for the toy, but I am quoting what I actually paid for them back in April (vs. what PC were charging in May) of last year. First I'll show the RRP as the standard price of the toy without discount. Then I'll show the cost of the toy at different online stores: the cost of the toy + postage = total.

RRP = ¥7560 (≈$100) before postage
    Premium Collectables: $74.95 + $9.95 = $84.90
    HLJ: ¥5600 + ¥780 = ¥6380 (≈$67)
    Amazon JP: ¥5040 + ¥580 = ¥5620 (≈$59)

A more recent example? Let's look at UW Computron, and let's assume that the postage cost is the same. As a rough estimate of the cost of postage let's take the cost of MP Road Rage and round them up to the nearest hundred.
    RRP = ¥16200 (≈$215) before postage
    Premium Collectables: $149.95 + $0 = $149.95
    HLJ: ¥15000 + ¥800 = ¥15800 (≈$210)
    Amazon JP: ¥11259 + ¥600 = ¥11859 (≈$157)

And this is just comparing with two other competitors. There are others which can be cheaper, such as Amiami, AnimeExport or Robot Kingdom. I've used Amiami and RK before and I've found their postage to be reasonably cheap. I've never used AE before, but being based in Japan I'd imagine that their postage rate would be similar. If we average out the postage cost between Amazon and HLJ we'd get ¥700 (≈$9.31), but let's round it up to $10 as an estimate, shall we? So now we have additional options for UW Computron...
    Robot Kingdom: US$114.90 + AU$10 = ≈AU$165
    Amiami: ¥11180 + ¥700 = ¥11880 (≈$158)
    Anime Export: ¥10500 + ¥700 = ¥11200 (≈$149)

So as you can see, there are other places where you can purchase these toys for under full retail price. Yes, in some cases PC's discounts may be more generous or on par with other competitors, but sometimes it's not. The fact is that there is a wide variety of choice for Australian consumers now, all of which offer prices at below RRP. Much more choice than what we had several years ago before so many online import stores existed. Imagine if we were this well spoiled for choice back when we were collecting things like Beast Wars II, Beast Wars Neo, early Takara G1 reissues, Car Robot, Binaltech, Micron Legend, Super Link, early MPs, Galaxy Force, Henkei etc.!

Thanks for those listings and comparisons. Seems I keep missing out on stuff, as so far the price I have seen on those sites are usually more than I want to pay / more than standard ebay prices. But I'll keep watching more closely as new stuff comes out.

Is it common that with some of those sites, that older stuff once it's sold, and they get it again they raise the price or something? I've seen some out there prices for stuff that you can pick up cheap in local retail that was not rare or anything, but had all sorts of weird price variance. CW Menasor for example goes for all sorts of weird prices. You can currently get him for say $140 AU delivered from ebay, while some import sites (mostly out of stock) but have him up to $200-$250 AU delivered. And I do mean CW Menasor and not UW Menasor who sells for more at normal retail price.

Can I suggest this discussion be taken to another thread?

Megatran Guest

The Platinum Edition Optimus Prime vs Megatron set is on sale $80 (save $40).

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Can I suggest Take this discussion be taken to another thread
    That's better.

Exclamation Order Quantity Changes

From July 1st 2016,

when redeeming an order while using Energon Points, Customers will be restricted to 1 Item of Each Variant. So The order may contain as many items of different type, but not more than 1 of the same type of Product.

Order Restrictions- Order Qty on all products will now be limited to 3 of one product type.

This Restriction Commences on the 1st of July 2016.

We have had the make these changes to keep our loyalty program untainted from abuse and being taken advantage of, Recent Events could of caused great harm to our emerging business , and safeguards are needed to prolong and maintain a long lifespan of Fair Prices and Generous Rewards.

^that's a fair call.
    Obviously there were lots of resellers buying heaps and getting points and then selling at profit.
    Good on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Premium Collectables View Post
    From July 1st 2016,

when redeeming an order while using Energon Points, Customers will be restricted to 1 Item of Each Variant. So The order may contain as many items of different type, but not more than 1 of the same type of Product.

Order Restrictions- Order Qty on all products will now be limited to 3 of one product type.

We have had the make these changes to keep our loyalty program untainted from abuse and being taken advantage of, Recent Events could of caused great harm to our emerging business , and safeguards are needed to prolong and maintain a long lifespan of Fair Prices and Generous Rewards.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChlorHex View Post
    ^that's a fair call.
    Obviously there were lots of resellers buying heaps and getting points and then selling at profit.
    Good on you.
    sounds fair, and logical. nice.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Premium Collectables View Post
    From July 1st 2016,

I have no issues with this.

I gather that if inferno mp is allowed 3 pieces per customer and if you want to use your points is to buy one with points and buy the other two seperately without or with any extra points you have to sperate it further as individual items. < 3 orders with 3 redemption points vouchers.

I don't think you'll find anyone on here with an issue with the changes. Personally I'm all for it

Yup, I'm all for limitations on qty especially as this gives the average collector more of a chance to get something.

Those changes are fair. PC were clearly dealing with group buyers or scalpers.
    Last edited by Deonasis; 30th June 2016 at 11:39 PM.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose