Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Info and Activities > Grapple's Creative Stuff

Sightings/Sales

Old 22nd April 2010, 04:17 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Default Smorgasbord of custom G1 Robot Heroes - MASSIVE pic update

Ultra Boost
Thundercracker head, Thrust body.
I made this just to use up some of the headless Thrust torsos I had accumulated while making the Coneheads. Thundercracker’s head is molded on to his shoulder jet intakes on his orginal body, so I cut around it and filled in the gap with sculpy.
I was going to call him something along the lines of “Nemesis Seeker’ but the name my seven-year-old son has given him has stuck.

Powerglide
Thundercracker legs, Kickback torso and arms, Thrust head.
So far this is my only flying Robot Heroes Autobot. I used Kickback’s torso because I feel his wings evoke Powerglide’s wings in robot form. The remains of Thundercracker’s guns were used as the engines on the sides of Powerglide’s legs. A piece of toothpaste tube was glued on to Thrust’s head for the mouthpiece. I don’t know if it can be made out but his eyes were painted blue. One day I will give him his nosecone gun.

Sunstorm
Thundercracker
I’m sure everyone can figure out how this was made.

Hoist
Shockwave arms, Grimlock body
I found a version of this custom during a Google search so can’t take credit for it. His orange panels are cut from toothpaste tube. He looks a bit mean and buff for Hoist but I think it’s the best Robot Heroes version I can make.

Warpath
Shockwave legs and torso, Cliffjumper head and arms, Jazz left hand
Another one that turned out better than I hoped. I was originally going to cut up a G1 Warpath figure for the turret but figured Shockwave’s chest would do just as well. The barrel is a lollipop stick. The head was made by cutting off Cliffjumper’s horns and sticking on a piece of toothpaste tube for the mouthpiece. I know he should have six light bars on his mouthpiece but I can’t paint that small! I gave him Jazz’s left hand so it looks like he’s sighting along the barrel.

Bugbite
Bumblebee head, Cliffjumper body, Grimlock arms (with Shockwave right hand).
I had originally thought of using this body mold for the Battlechargers or Throttlebots, but the feet are the wrong shape. Why didn’t I use Bumblebee’s body? Because it was used to make…

Bumper
Jazz head, Bumblebee body
I wanted to use Bumblebee’s body rather than Cluffjumper’s because it was already yellow. All I had to do was trim Jazz’s helmet horns down and repaint it, plus the arms. The trickiest part was fiddling with the neck piece so Bumper wasn’t looking at the ground right at his feet.

Prowl
Megatron legs, Jazz torso and arms, Cliffjumper left hand, Ironhide head
This is me giving up on Hasbro ever releasing their version of Prowl. His helmet chevron was cut from toothpaste tube. I’m really happy with the way he turned out (and I am not going to try paint “POLICE” on his doors!).

Swindle
Kickback legs and head (without the ear pieces), Megatron torso and arms
Megatron’s cannon was cut in half to serve as Swindle’s weapon. The hardest part about this was painting the chest piece – do I follow the toy model or the G1 cartoon model? In the end I made my own version up, which I think works well. Unfortunately, unless you get his legs just right he will topple over backwards.

Twincast
Blaster with Ironhide arms.
A simple repaint to give myself a break. I gave him new arms just to provide a point of difference from Blaster.

Drag Strip
Jazz arms and head, Mirage body.
My second version of Drag Strip. The first was a repaint of Mirage but this time around I gave him new arms (I feel the ‘thumbs up’ on the left hand suits Drag Strip’s “I’m the best” personality) and a new head to give him more points of difference from Mirage. Jazz’s horns were cut off and glued into position like the G1 cartoon version. Mirage was also cut in half and his torso glued on backwards. The shoulder wheels come from a junker Micromaster.

War Within Optimus Prime
Optimus Prime legs, waist and head, Jazz torso (minus the car roof and doors), Hot Rod arms.
For some reason the right arm does not properly fit on, and the head had to be glued on, but overall I am happy with it.

Sideswipe
Jazz legs, Hot Rod torso and head, Mirage arms and missile
I’m not too satisfied with the helmet but I think the colours help make this one. I was going to glue Mirage’s missile on to the back, but since the head can’t move I had nothing to lose by glueing the missile to it. Here’s a sentence I never thought I’d type – Jazz’s butt is huge. I had to trim his waist by about 2mm from each side and the back to make it a better fit for the torso.

Ratchet

Bludgeon

Dirge

Ramjet

Frenzy

Beachcomber

Emirate Xaaron

Astrotrain

Cyclonus

Scourge

Wheeljack

Ravage

Overlord

Rodimus Prime

Motormaster

Scamper

Six-Gun

Hubcap

Jetfire

Stranglehold

Octopunch

SoundBlaster

Paradron Medic

fused Megatron/Ratchet

Alternators Shockwave

Nemesis Prime

Overdrive

Whirl

Nightbird

Slugslinger

Snarl

Sludge

Swoop

Repugnus

Doublecross

Wreck-Gar

Octane

Flywheels

Trailbreaker

Steeljaw

Roadbuster

Alpha Trion

Battletrap

Nightbeat

Primus

Shattered Glass Rodimus

Movie-verse Rampage

Hot Spot

Acid Storm

Blurr

Scorponok

Nova Prime

Broadside

Last edited by snaketales; 2nd November 2018 at 09:45 PM. Reason: added broadside
Old 22nd April 2010, 04:21 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Damn you have been a busy boy. You have to take a picture of all your custom ones. Now more I want you to do. PM me your address to send my spare ones that I was going to get you to do before, and I'll post them off Friday next week (hopefully )
Old 22nd April 2010, 04:34 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

wonderful !!!!
Old 22nd April 2010, 04:36 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

how did you make scourge???, i want that powerglide RH!!!!
really sad that generation 3 may not feature any more robot heroes
Old 22nd April 2010, 06:35 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

They are awesome!
Old 22nd April 2010, 07:05 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Damn dude You should send pics of those off to Hasbro and show them how it’s done
G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Old 22nd April 2010, 07:36 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

they are just awesome
Old 16th May 2010, 01:42 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Added Astrotrain and Cyclonus to first post

Attachment 1764
Astrotrain was made from Mirage's legs and head, Optimus arms, Skywarp wings and Thundercracker torso.
He's a bit squat next to Blitzwing. I used Mirage's legs because I considered his wheels to evoke his train mode.

Attachment 1765
Cyclonus was made from Unicron combining with Thundercracker (just like the movie, ha! ). Thundercracker legs, his tail fins are Cyclonus' arm fins, Unicron torso and arms, Hot Rod's fin for his back wings, Ramjet's head with the remains of Unicron's feet for his horns.
His horns are a bit more bendy than I would have liked but I think it fits in with the Robot Heroes "feel".
Old 16th May 2010, 02:11 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

OH so awesome!! Can we get a group shot snaketales? like a diorama battle scene of your custom RH pls.
Old 16th May 2010, 03:10 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Nice, very nice. Always like the Robot Hero customs.