Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New TRU locations?

Default New TRU locations?

I was reading this article about the abandoned Masters stores:

https://www.commercialrealestate.com...c-all-alwayson

It mentions TRU as a possible co-tenant at at least some of those locations - it says ten, but only mentions 5 - South Morang in Vic, Penrith and Rutherford in NSW, and Tingalpa and North Lakes in QLD.

A cursory glance at the TRU website indicates that South Morang and Rutherford branches are "coming soon", but the others are not mentioned. Penrith of course already has a TRU, so I'd guess they wouldn't get a second.

Potentially more retailers available for TF purchases by Christmas.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Ohhh, I wonder if they will move into the Masters store in Rockhampton, it would mean my closest TRU would be about an hour and 20 minutes away instead of 6 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Ohhh, I wonder if they will move into the Masters store in Rockhampton, it would mean my closest TRU would be about an hour and 20 minutes away instead of 6 hours.
    I wouldn't hold your breath. It's way too big of a site for a TRU here for starters. Unless they're going to divide it into a couple of smaller spaces. I heard that Bunnings were looking to buy it, and sell their current warehouse. Don't know how true that is though (came from one of the guys doing a heap of glazing there.)

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    I wouldn't hold your breath. It's way too big of a site for a TRU here for starters. Unless they're going to divide it into a couple of smaller spaces. I heard that Bunnings were looking to buy it, and sell their current warehouse. Don't know how true that is though (came from one of the guys doing a heap of glazing there.)
    I think the idea was to break the large Masters spaces up into several shops, like a mini-shopping centre, TRU being one of several tenants.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

It's an interesting idea, there are Masters Stores all over the country jut sitting there gathering spiders. TRU Chatswood closed a year or so ago and now it's 45 minutes to my nearest and I live in Sydney. I can't think of a Masters store that was any closer...
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I read it as Try being one of several stores that could be used in the mix at a Masters location. Some might see one. Some might not.

Honestly I can't see Tingalpa or North Lakes working. TrUs up here seem to need massive catchment areas to be viable. One is pinned between the sea on one side and Garden City on the other. North Lakes is sitting on Aspley's jugular to the north. They would love that.

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    I think the idea was to break the large Masters spaces up into several shops, like a mini-shopping centre, TRU being one of several tenants.
    Yeah someone bought the Masters store in Rockhampton and is making it into a small shopping centre.

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Yeah someone bought the Masters store in Rockhampton and is making it into a small shopping centre.
    Makes sense. Shows how much I know then

Do we really need more TRU stores though?
    They closed down for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Do we really need more TRU stores though?
    They closed down for a reason.
    Yeah, we really do. Unless you have one in your city (mine is an hour drive away, and then an hour back) you can't get store exclusives
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!