Page 6 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111626 ... LastLast

Thread: The Doctor Who thread

I remember reading somewhere that C. Eccelston was only given a 1 year contract to help get Dr. Who going.
    David Tennant was always the No.1 choice for the role, but they went for a bigger star to bring in more viewers.

i doubt outside of britttttain anyone has heard o eccleston, pre heroes days

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    I originally recognized him from 28 Days Later, that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    ah hem.. bad guy from Gone in 60 Seconds!! well before heroes

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    ah hem.. bad guy from Gone in 60 Seconds!! well before heroes
    yeah but who in there right mind would watch that abomination?

I bought a Doctor Who action figure on Thursday. It was C R A P. It seemed to be designed just to be displayed MOSC, in which it looks fine... but once I opened it... zomg... it was horrific! Shoddy quality plastic (nearly like rubber), underwhelming engineering... it did not feel like a fun toy to play with! Luckily for me the Doctor was missing his Sonic Screwdriver, allowing me to claim a refund. (-_-)

It was the first time I ever tried buying a Dr. Who toy and I must say that I'm not impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I bought a Doctor Who action figure on Thursday. It was C R A P. It seemed to be designed just to be displayed MOSC, in which it looks fine... but once I opened it... zomg... it was horrific! Shoddy quality plastic (nearly like rubber), underwhelming engineering... it did not feel like a fun toy to play with! Luckily for me the Doctor was missing his Sonic Screwdriver, allowing me to claim a refund. (-_-)

It was the first time I ever tried buying a Dr. Who toy and I must say that I'm not impressed.
    I wanted to get a toy of The Doctor but it's always the one missing when I see Doctor Who toys in store. But if they are no good then maybe that's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot
    I wanted to get a toy of The Doctor but it's always the one missing when I see Doctor Who toys in store
    I know! That's why when I saw the Doctor I just grabbed it without hesitation or checking to see if it was complete!! Had I actually looked I would've easily noticed that the toy was missing its sonic screwdriver.

There is this big multi-pack out now with the Doctor and several other characters for $80-90... :/

Because I was bored, here's how I'd like the new Doctor to make their entrance.

INT. TARDIS CONTROL ROOM

The doors burst open and Larry runs in carrying the injured Doctor. Sally is close behind.

Larry lays The Doctor lightly on the couch, unsure what to do. The Doctor shakes on the couch moaning softly and regaining consciousness. Sally kneels beside him concerned but stoic.

The Doctor comes to and sees her

SALLY: Doctor?
    LARRY: What can we do?

THE DOCTOR: Nothing. The change is already starting.

A pain in his belly makes him sit upright

THE DOCTOR: My body is healing itself.

The Doctor winces and holds his stomach again.

THE DOCTOR: Last time I had a trick up my sleeve, well (shakes his head) not exactly in a sleeve (grimaces). Knocked a couple of regenerations off my total but it's not going to work this time, Oh! (brightens briefly) Unless one of you wants to cut my hand off?

SALLY: (horrified) What!?
    LARRY: He's joking. Right?

THE DOCTOR: Yes right. Best not risk it.

The pain comes again but this time he stands up

THE DOCTOR: Gaahhh. Stand back!

Regeneration energy starts to flood from the Doctor's body.

Sally reaches for him.

SALLY: Doctor...
    LARRY: Sally...

He grabs her and holds her closer to him as they look on. The flashes of energy light them up until at last it's over. Their eyes widen in shock and surprise.

(together)
    LARRY: Doctor?
    SALLY: Doctor?

The Doctor is looking at his new form. He now looks like Donna Noble.

THE DOCTOR: You are kidding me!

TO BE CONTINUED
    Because Catherine Tate was great in the show! Bring her back. The next episode could explain how the biological metacrisis left an imprint on The Doctor's DNA or something.

And yes I would like "Sparrow and Nightingale" from Blink back in the series as the new companions

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I know! That's why when I saw the Doctor I just grabbed it without hesitation or checking to see if it was complete!! Had I actually looked I would've easily noticed that the toy was missing its sonic screwdriver.

There is this big multi-pack out now with the Doctor and several other characters for $80-90... :/

Wow, ive heaps of Character Options Dr Who toys, and none of mine are crap quality. I know the early early wave 1 figures were shoddy, my 9th Dr toy has crap face paint and my remote Daleks-only 1 works.

Im hoping some shop in Australia gets the Classic 4th,5th and 6th Doctors toys, they look heaps good!!! or, if one of you internet using people does a group order, i would be in