Page 952 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 932942947948949950951952953954955956957962972 ... LastLast
Results 9,511 to 9,520 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Anyone know of any more backstory on how G1 Bumper came to be other than what's on TFwiki which basically is a big "I don't know"?
    If Hasbro has ever come out officially with an explanation, it would be on the tfwiki. As such, I don't think it has, so we just have a lot of stories that come out from as early as the 1990s.
    Dirge might know more, as he had a website that detailed info on various early Gen1 toys like this one. I can't access the website, so it might be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    If Hasbro has ever come out officially with an explanation, it would be on the tfwiki. As such, I don't think it has, so we just have a lot of stories that come out from as early as the 1990s.
    Dirge might know more, as he had a website that detailed info on various early Gen1 toys like this one. I can't access the website, so it might be gone.
    What's the URL of his site?

What's the URL of his site?
    The link to his Bumper page is on that TFwiki page, but his main domain is/was here.

His domain is actually named after the alternative name for Bumblejumper, using the other halves of those two Gen1 names.
    (it was the less popular of the two fan names for this toy during the 1990s... before Dreamwave gave us Bumper as an official name in 2004)

It is interesting to see that of all of the cult/obscure/fan characters out there who have had a toy made so far, there still hasn't been an official toy, officially packaged with the name Bumper yet, which would make it the only 1984 Transformers toy to not yet have an official homage toy.

They've been printing that on the box for the last year of Masterpiece toys, as that toyline won some sort of design award last year.

Personally, I don't like it as it's plain design detracts from the look of the packaging... which is ironic for a design award to look so simple in design.
    As an award that is worth promoting proudly on multiple products, I think it should look fancier than something that looks like a company logo doing mere cross-promotion.
    That's the irony of 'design' awards sometimes they consider the simplicity the elegance in the design.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Anyone know of any more backstory on how G1 Bumper came to be other than what's on TFwiki which basically is a big "I don't know"?
    This is a bot broader but should get you on the path of finding out more.

http://fredsworkshop.com/vminibots.html
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Is MPM Optimus one of those toys I should never transform?

He seems more complex than MP36, I transformed Megatron once and said never again.

You should transform all of your toys at least once, or else it wastes it main gimmick (if it converts)... otherwise you might as well just buy a statue, or leave them sealed in box.

MPM Optimus is one that probably needs instructions first time you do it, as it seems to have a lot of fiddly bits that lock together really strongly, and the weaker parts would probably break if you try to pull things apart that shouldn't come apart, just to try to work out what does come apart in the transformation.
    (I haven't finished transforming mine yet... I managed to move some parts, but got stuck working out what moves next, and didn't want to force anything as it felt too fragile - unlike Generations, which are sturdier or have pop-out parts, and cheaper to replace if you break it.)

Is MPM Optimus one of those toys I should never transform?

He seems more complex than MP36, I transformed Megatron once and said never again.
    You should transform all of your toys at least once, or else it wastes it main gimmick (if it converts)... otherwise you might as well just buy a statue, or leave them sealed in box.

MPM Optimus is one that probably needs instructions first time you do it, as it seems to have a lot of fiddly bits that lock together really strongly, and the weaker parts would probably break if you try to pull things apart that shouldn't come apart, just to try to work out what does come apart in the transformation.
    (I haven't finished transforming mine yet... I managed to move some parts, but got stuck working out what moves next, and didn't want to force anything as it felt too fragile - unlike Generations, which are sturdier or have pop-out parts, and cheaper to replace if you break it.)
    So I took a shot at transforming him. I thought I'd take a look at his movable parts before looking at the instructions, and in the end I transformed him completely from robot to truck and back without the instructions. He seems super complex and fragile at first glance, but I found him very logical and nothing seemed overly fragile. That said there is one part on him that didn't move, one of the bases of the truck mode smoke stacks seems like it will break if I force it despite the mirrored part on the other side being fine.

What was the RRP for the RID Crash Combiners?

Is Hasbro TFA Sentinel Prime’s lance made out of hard or soft plastic? I think the bendy one belongs to the Takara version but I can’t tell from pics online.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2