Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Most disappointing TF purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Bringing this thread back from the dead to add a few disappointing purchases to the list:

- Classics Bumblebee : the hollow chest doesn't work for me

- RTS Special Ops Jazz : Yo jazz, where your backpaint at? And why your torso not clip onto pelvis!?!
    but that bumblebee is CLASSIC!

as for rts jazz, the reprolabel stickers that were made for him were pretty awesome looking.

http://www.reprolabels.com/Classics/...s/Mapcjazz.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    My most disappointing TF purchase would have to be Universe Silverbolt - especially when I paid full RRP ($60) back when it was released (or close to it).

For those unfamiliar with the mold, it's basically a robot tucked underneath a shell of an airplane fitted with annoying electronic sounds and lights.

No complex transformation whatsoever either, simply fold front half of jet shell upwards, extend legs, push legs up into torso to reveal head and you're done.

I've had Legends class toys more satisfying than this guy.
    This. Times 100.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Silverbolt is a multichanger if you are creative.

So far this year my most disappointing purchase has been RTS Lugnut (but everyone else here seems to love the toy or are going along with the joke, I'm not sure), followed by RTS G2 Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by gekisou View Post
    Oddly enough, its one of my fave molds. I guess its cos he actually looks like how I would imagine Silverbolt. And the fact he is easier to transform, means playing with him is awesome... unlike say Galvatron, who I still need the instructions to work him out...
    Galvatron is frustrating and fiddly to transform, but I wouldn't put him in the same league as Silverbolt... I actually feel a sense of accomplishment (as opposed to disappointment) when I transform Galvatron.

Despite everyone's dislike for Galvatron, I think he's an awesome figure and yes, it should have been a Voyager (so it was less fiddly) but he still rates a lot higher than some of the other Universe releases in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I like Silverbolt too. Yeah sure, he's a backpackformer, but essentially so was G1 Silverbolt which is what this toy is trying to imitate. For a backpackformer I think it works pretty well. Guess he's not everyone's Cube of Energon.
    Just because he was a backformer in G1 doesn't make it okay 25 years later when he's meant to be a modern day interpretation of a classic character - where's the marvels of present day engineering?

He probably had the lowest R&D costs of all the Universe figures since someone in the marketing department must have figured that the G1 fanboys would have bought him en masse and still be satisfied with it since he 'embodied' the G1 character, both figuratively and literally.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    This. Times 100.
    Yay! Someone that agrees that Silverbolt is one of the suckiest toys!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post

So far this year my most disappointing purchase has been RTS Lugnut (but everyone else here seems to love the toy or are going along with the joke, I'm not sure), followed by RTS G2 Prime.
    Lol@multichanger - I'm not that imaginative.

As for Lugnut - I think he's great (seriously) but I agree with G2 Prime.... he sucks monumentally - see my review and you'll know how much I love it.

That's awesome, I was tossing up whether to get one someday but now he's a must-buy.

I've got to say I'm pretty happy with Silverbolt, it is very simple but it's quick and easy, and looks very good in both modes. or all 11...
    I also like the transformation sound, the fact that the tone goes up in one direction and down in the other.

I would have been pretty bummed if I'd paid full price though. I got it for a steal, can't remember how much though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    Just because he was a backformer in G1 doesn't make it okay 25 years later when he's meant to be a modern day interpretation of a classic character - where's the marvels of present day engineering?
    3 word answer: Electronic Sound Gimmick.

Behold the wonders of compromised engineering when a toy is designed around an electronic sound block.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime
    Lol@multichanger - I'm not that imaginative.
    My schoolfriends and I came up with this mode for Cosmos back in 1985 one lunchtime...

Sexy Satellite Mode!
    As Cosmos' tech specs explains, he gets really lonely (and probably bored stiff) stuck in orbit... so we gave him this mode for him to hover in geostationary orbit above beaches and perv on topless bathers.

I like Lugnut... don't quite love him as much as others do, but I like him enough. The fact that I only paid $22 probably contributed -- wouldn't have paid full price for him. But I do prefer him a lot over Animated Luggers.

Worst few (cant split them)

Megatron - 2007 movie
    Brawl - 2007 movie
    Ultra Magnus Animated.

These 3 must go down as the worst of all time!

So far this year my most disappointing purchase has been RTS Lugnut (but everyone else here seems to love the toy or are going along with the joke, I'm not sure)
    Oh, good -- I thought it was just me! I don't own the the toy, but I still failed to understand what the big deal with this guy was?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ed View Post
    Worst few (cant split them)

Megatron - 2007 movie
    Brawl - 2007 movie
    Ultra Magnus Animated.

These 3 must go down as the worst of all time!
    I still say Transformers Animorphs are the worst TFs of all time. Can get much crappier than that

I like Animated Ultra Magnus too -- though I can see how the shoulder configuration may bug some people.

Which versions of movie Megatron and Brawl are you talking about? I like Deluxe Brawl (even with the shoulder issue, which can be fairly easily "solved") and Legends Brawl is okay for a $7 toy and I thought Leader Brawl was pretty crap. The Movie Megatrons... they're all pretty ordinary, but that's cos they're based on the movie design which just doesn't translate well as a toy. So I don't blame HasTak so much for the movie Megatrons -- Paramount just made him weird looking. Leader Class movie Megatron is probably the worst value for money just because he's so expensive... but I can't stand the non-removable ice-kibble on Voyager Megs (otherwise I would have totally passed on the Leader and gotten the Voyager instead). The feet on Voyager Megs bugs me too. Legends Movie Megatron... pretty underwhelming, but I suppose as the cheapest of the Movie Megatrons he's probably the best value. The FAB Brawl mould is actually okay -- although I think all the FABs are overpriced. Probably worth getting if cheap. Never handled FAB Megatron for myself, but it doesn't look impressive. Robot Replicas are an even bigger rip off than FABs IMO.