Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TF Beast Hunters Episode 10 - Minus One

So far, I have been mostly disappointed with Beast Hunters with it being very predictable and rather drab. Season 2 of Prime had m waiting for each ep to show. This one, I am certainly in no hurry to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Speaking of Decepticons, the moment where Shockwave gets mad at Starscream and attacks him as payback for not forewarning him about the Autobots' attack... umm... isn't revenge an "illogical emotion" for Shockwave?
    BH Shockers is a very emotive chap. Right after he rocked up, he had bitter emotions about being left on Cybertron. The only logic he seems to display is that which he has just pointed out as being 'logical.' BAH.

The Autobots never had a chance against Soundwave in interrogation stakes. Remember what Starscream did to Wheeljack in the earlier episodes? What are the Autobots going to do to Soundwave? Make him some cake or something? They should have just let Wheeljack have some fun.

Is it just me or does the VA for Predaking just sound bored? Very poor performance IMO and doesn't fit at all.

Like everyone else - LOVED it when Soundwave spoke - rocked my jocks!

Is Lazerbeak becoming more than just a drone? Seems perfectly capable of working independently of Soundwave and his eyes seem far more 'glowy', as if something is going on there.

Only 2 eps to go - why did they have to make is so good now?

Guessing it's all going to come to a head on Cybertron for good or bad, would be nice to see a big showdown with everyone from both sides involved in a proper big battle

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Is Lazerbeak becoming more than just a drone? Seems perfectly capable of working independently of Soundwave and his eyes seem far more 'glowy', as if something is going on there.
    I smell call of the primitives! (Although ironically Laserbeak, Buzzsaw and Ravage didn't take part in the original G1 episode )

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    (Although ironically Laserbeak, Buzzsaw and Ravage didn't take part in the original G1 episode )
    Their toys were no longer in production by Season 3.

I smell call of the primitives! (Although ironically Laserbeak, Buzzsaw and Ravage didn't take part in the original G1 episode )
    Their toys were no longer in production by Season 3.
    Ravage was in the ep, and Overkill & Slugfest had their big & only scene (of about 3 seconds )

Overkill and Slugfest were new toys, so that makes sense. Ravage was just cinematically photobombing.

Wow... the new Autobot base is surprisingly incredibly unguarded! Even if Laserbeak has some kind of stealth that eludes radar... no manned watchtower?? Considering that:
    1. The new base is nothing more than an above ground hangar;
    2. The old base which was buried in a mountain in the middle of nowhere was eventually discovered by Decepticons;
    3. The sake of Earth is at stake;
    ...you'd think the U.S. government might be willing to invest some more substantial military presence at that base.
    It makes a lot of sense, I think. They needed something they could get in a hurry, to replace the old base, it's part of an existing installation, so even though we may not have seen it, the security of the existing base would be in operation. And what's better than hiding in plain site, who would expect that.
    They stated in this episode or the previous one that they have the same shielding in place that they had at their previous base, making it impossible to locate them through scanning.
    The only way Laserbeak was able to find the base was to follow Fowler for a day and then figure it out after closer reconnaisance.

Fowler attacks Soundwave with a fire extinguisher. Are you for real? The guy's like a federal agent, right? Why isn't he carrying a concealed gun? (sure, it wouldn't have done anything to Soundwave, but still... better odds than running at a giant robot with a fire extinguisher!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasaraki View Post
    Cons:
    - Fowler using a fire extinguisher and nicely announcing himself with a yell as he hopelessly goes in to, urrr, stub Soundwave's toe. I guess you may consider this a positive point if it was meant to be comedy, but the context seem to suggest they were being serious!! I mean, really??
    I think this is a running joke, there are several places in the series where Jack picks up a fire extinguisher for exactly the same purpose, not always against giant robots, but you get the idea. We also haven't seen any conventional weapons in this show at all, it might be necessary to avoid a higher rating.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    So much for interrogation, they should've just chopped off his limbs first and connected his CPU while he is unconscious that way they can peruse all the data in his hard drive. instead they have to have him "talk".... he doesn't talk... he just sulks....geez
    ...and that's what separates the Autobots from the Decepticons.
    ^
    What he said. That was never going to end well. I thought the smiley face was a little out of character, but Soundwave talking was a great touch, I kind of expected something more important for his first words though.

Speaking of Decepticons, the moment where Shockwave gets mad at Starscream and attacks him as payback for not forewarning him about the Autobots' attack... umm... isn't revenge an "illogical emotion" for Shockwave? That moment seemed really out of character for him. Megatron declares that Shockwave's life-long project of resurrecting the Predacons is to be scrapped in order to preserve the Decepticons and Shockwave's like, "seems legit bro, kay," but then when Starscream decides to put Shockwave in jeopardy, he's like, "Shockwave mad! Shockwave kill j00z!" Wha?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    BH Shockers is a very emotive chap. Right after he rocked up, he had bitter emotions about being left on Cybertron. The only logic he seems to display is that which he has just pointed out as being 'logical.' BAH.
    The shockwave portrayed in the comics over the last few years has been more emotional, he's had logical processing, but his reaction to events beyond his control has been less than entirely rational. and some of his actions (grimlock in the lead up to the FOC) have appeared logical but seem to me to be fuelled by extreme self importance and egotism. Shockwave might be logical, but he's definitely not balanced, I like the self contradiction there.

I noticed and I think some others have, that Shockwave is becoming a little hesitant in the whole take over 2 worlds thing. This could get interesting.
    That's a very interesting point,
    Shockwave may be forced to behave like his G1 counterpart and usurp Megatron, as logic dictates.
    though I don't think he'll have much opportunity to usurp megatron, or the guts he's too loyal. He is probably Loyal to Cybertron First though, very interesting. ..

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Is it just me or does the VA for Predaking just sound bored? Very poor performance IMO and doesn't fit at all.
    I love it, the uncivilised uncontrollable beast has an extremely well spoken, almost British bot mode voice. Awesome. It reminds the others, that there is more intelligence and control here than previously expected. It makes the character much more threatening.

I'm really enjoying this series as a whole and this season has been great, the fight scenes visceral and pretty good story telling.

I just wish there were more beasts to add some credence to the toy line. I have a lot of the beasts but for the moment, I'm struggling to care about them.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    It makes a lot of sense, I think. They needed something they could get in a hurry, to replace the old base, it's part of an existing installation, so even though we may not have seen it, the security of the existing base would be in operation. And what's better than hiding in plain site, who would expect that.
    They stated in this episode or the previous one that they have the same shielding in place that they had at their previous base, making it impossible to locate them through scanning.
    The only way Laserbeak was able to find the base was to follow Fowler for a day and then figure it out after closer reconnaisance.
    Alright, but surely they could've installed some basic form of radar. The base clearly has US military personnel stationed there... surely someone would be on guard duty. Someone who might notice a squadron of incoming aircraft.

Talk about your Pearl Harbours...

I think this is a running joke, there are several places in the series where Jack picks up a fire extinguisher for exactly the same purpose, not always against giant robots, but you get the idea. We also haven't seen any conventional weapons in this show at all, it might be necessary to avoid a higher rating.
    Yeah but with Jack it worked. He's a kid - he's not even old enough to own a gun, let alone carry and operate one. It's a lot less plausible with a military officer/special agent on an army base. As for the rating, just have him produce a gun that isn't based on a real gun. Worked for MECH, right?

I love it, the uncivilised uncontrollable beast has an extremely well spoken, almost British bot mode voice. Awesome. It reminds the others, that there is more intelligence and control here than previously expected. It makes the character much more threatening.
    It does sound like a British accent to me. There are forms of American English which uses received pronunciation too (e.g. BW Megatron's accent is received American). Either way, received pronunciation in English gives it a sense of prestige which, in villains, can often make them sound even more menacing than if they spoke with unreceived pronunciation.