Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 events revealing Transformers Siege WFC

Im really not understanding the need for the extra parts on Shockwave. I know armour is the gimmick but with all pieces stuck on in botmode it looks like 2 shockwaves got melted together.

Between now and release some new pics might help me understand it more. Otherwise I’m banking on a heavy retool to reveal their purpose.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

This is not good enough, in 2018, for a figure that doesn't also have to support a third mode like POTP Screamer, which also uses a chunky Cybertronian design and should be able to better hide its bulk.

This is probably the biggest let down of the reveals, which is a shame because the craft that the balled up robot has on its back is essentially a BSG Viper, and I love me some BSG.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I take it by the reactions to the Target Masters most people didn't get the LG Target Masters???

I'm just waiting on a Siege version of Nightstick and Fracas since they are the only two from The Rebirth that didn't get done in Legends.

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Sure, if you think shooting things with a camera means blowing them up.

You only said Reflector as triplets, not Reflector as a camera...

I dunno what to think of these guys, there's some positives and some negatives, I think I'll need to see them in real life and see how much they are to decide.

Except for Flywheels, he looks great.

Official images have been released, along with some notes from Hasbro's John Warden...

Battlemasters:

• Blowpipe
    • Aimless

Micromasters:

• Airstrike Patrol
    • Soundwave Spy Patrol (Laserbeak and Ravage)

Deluxe:

• Skytread (two alt modes)
    • Refraktor (three combine into camera)
    • Brunt (weaponizer)

Voyager:

• Megatron
    • Soundwave
    • Starscream (tetrajet)

Leader:

• Shockwave

• WFC VOYAGER MEGATRON was designed with Scale in mind. He is perfectly in scale with WFC VOYAGER OPTIMUS PRIME, and draws influence from his appearance in the 1984 Pilot Episode of the TRANSFORMERS animated series.
    • His alt form is a newly designed CYBERTRONIAN Tank, but his robot form is based on his G1 appearance.
    • MEGATRON also includes a Sword, which is designed based on the rare 1985 Japanese Exclusive release of MEGATRON. The Sword and the classic arm-cannon can convert and merge together to form high-powered custom artillery
    • WFC VOYAGER STARSCREAM is perfectly scaled to stand along other WFC characters, and is based on the original scale charts from the 1984 G1 animated series.
    • STARSCREAM can convert to his classic G1 TETRAJET alt form, a version of this famous character which has never been seen before in toy form.
    • STARSCREAM will feature his iconic NULL RAY cannons as accessory parts.
    • His Robot form is fully detailed and is based on the original model-sheet art used to create the iconic character from the 1984 animated series.
    • WFC VOYAGER SOUNDWAVE is faithfully based on the original model-sheet art used to create the iconic character from the 1984 animated series.
    • SOUNDWAVE features articulation and a posed-out hand that allows him to stand in his classic “EJECT” pose, with his finger on the eject button.
    • MICROMASTER SPY PATROL LASERBEAK and RAVAGE (Sold Separately) can fit inside his cassette bay.
    • SOUNDWAVE’s alt form is a newly designed CYBERTRON Patrol Hovercraft, with a docking bay for the Cassette Bots in the back.
    • Fans of the 1984 pilot episode will be pleased to know that SOUNDWAVE can be converted into a third “Easter egg” mode… a “CYBERTRONIAN Sensor Lamp”!
    • WFC DELUXE REFRAKTOR is the perfect soldier to build your DECEPTICON army! This is the most screen-accurate version of this classic trooper ever created for TRANSFORMERS fans.
    • REFRAKTOR comes with three accessory parts, a blaster, a battlefield shield, and a chest module. The chest module allows fans to customize their REFRAKTORS to create various versions and recreate their appearance in the G1 cartoon series.
    • REFRAKTOR can convert into a CYBERTRONIAN Artillery Hovercraft vehicle, and die-hard fans can combine THREE of the same REFRAKTORS (Sold Separately) to create his classic Camera Mode, complete with Zoom Lens and Tripod!

The Starscream underbelly is awful.

FatalityPitt Guest

I’ve set a budget for myself in an attempt to control my spending on action figures, so I’ll need to be very selective.

The ones I’m certainly interested in are Megatron, Optimus Prime, Red Alert, Blowpipe, and Aimless.

I missed out on Combiner Wars Megatron, and the Voyager class seems like an appropriate scale for Megatron. That also means I’m gunning for Optimus Prime too, because Megatron isn’t Megatron without Optimus (they complete each other). It would also be nice to have good quality “plain vanilla” versions of these characters without any over-the-top gimmicks. Red Alert is also another definite buy for me. Red is my favourite G1 Autobot car from the 1984-85 period, and I find his deco more interesting than Sideswipe’s. Also, I once had the 2010 Generations Red Alert but it broke at the hips, and it was a pretty messy break. This one would make a good replacement. Blowpipe and Aimless are also on my to-buy list because TR Misfire and Triggerhappy need their guns!

If there’s still room in the budget, I’ll try to get Cog, Refraktor, Starscream and Soundwave (in that order of priority).

I recently mentioned I’d get Reflector if he/they were released mass-market, but what’s shown here is different from my expectations. I would have been content if Hasbro had just retooled the TR Rumble/Rewind mould into Reflector, since a spy tablet can be considered a type of camera. Somehow the Deluxe size doesn’t feel that appropriate (Reflector is small, like an Insecticon or Minibot). Also, the idea of buying three copies of him to make the camera mode sounds expensive. It’s like a post from the “Corrupt-a-wish” thread. I wished for Reflector, and it manifested in real life, except it’s more expensive than what I was hoping for. As for the Starscream, I usually always end up getting whatever G1 Starscream is available, whether planned or not, and as a result I have many Starscreams in my collection. This time, I’ll try to be sensible by going for quality over quantity – I’ll only buy the Starscream if it gets good reviews. Soundwave is also another G1 character I’d usually buy if I see, but I’m already invested in the TR Leader, and if I want a Voyager class one, the FoC one has me covered. Soundwave’s alt-mode is definitely a surprise. I thought G1 Soundwave’s alt-mode was being retconned as an armoured car, like how Megatron is being retconned from being a Walther P-38 to an Abrams tank. I never pictured Soundwave as something from Space Battleship Yamamoto. I do like this new Soundwave, but my budget is tight, and I’m pretty content with the TR Leader figure.

As for everything else, I have no plans on getting. If I do, it’ll be splash damage.

Flywheels is a winner.

Reflector... I want to want. But... what does _one_ transform into?

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Flywheels is a winner.

Reflector... I want to want. But... what does _one_ transform into?
    Laying down robot holding accessories overhead?

Sorry, 'space ship'
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.