View Poll Results: Does it deserve to go to the Queen?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes for the royalty!!!

3 100.00%
  • No leave it for the peasents

0 0%
  • Cheap

0 0%
  • Main weapon was fire, go figure

0 0%

Thread: Beast Wars: Inferno / Antagony

Default Beast Wars: Inferno / Antagony

Series - Beast Wars
    Sub-line - n/a
    Size/class - Mega
    New/remould/redeco - New / recolour
    Released here - Yes it was
    Approximate Retail Price - $30 - $40 / $100 - 200?
    Approximate Size -
    Allegiance - Predacon
    Alt-mode - Fire Ant
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Butt can turn into thrusters
    Main Colours - Red, some black / Purple, some black
    Main Accessories - two legs/missiles, firing gun, pinchers

Show accurate to the cartoon. I love this mold. He looks crazy and very posable. Could do with a wrist joint. Tricky to stand in ant mode. Arse seperates into thrusters and twirls around. Antagony was a recolour for botcon. Character was female. Assume it is just as great as Inferno. No relation to G1 counterpart although other characters were eg grimlock

9/10

Inferno and Antagony are two completely different characters and different toys... not sure what purpose having ONE poll that treats them both as variants of the same character-toy would serve as it's clearly not the case.

I would vote "Yes" for Inferno but "Only cheap" for Antagony. Inferno's a great toy in its own right regardless of show appearance. Easily one of my favourite Megas.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon
    Show accurate to the cartoon.
    Not that Antagony ever appeared in the cartoon. Also, the Inferno toy came out before he appeared in the show -- the toy came first, so it's more accurate to say that the cartoon model is accurate to the toy. Which is common in Beast Wars since animators based their animation models off 3D scans of the toys.

bw inferno-great figure..nice likeness between the bw figure to tv series(the figure can strike some nice show poses)....mad character on the show.....the figure has cool weapons and special features....hard to get loose complete IMO(i bought 3 to get 1.8 complete!)....looks cool with "a (partial)weapons double up"...
    antagony is an awesome female beast wars character,made in a limited edition for botcon 1998...it is a recolour (of inferno) figure..

My favourite BW character. Great toy. Only complaint is how close to his chest his head sits, like he has no neck. Unless i've transformes him wrong.

Simple transformation and acurate to screen presence. Love him.

Quote Originally Posted by tjparkside View Post
    bw inferno-great figure..nice likeness between the bw figure to tv series
    Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    acurate to screen presence.
    The cartoon model is accurate to the toy, not vice versa. The toy came first. But toy-accuracy is one of the cool things about the Beast Wars cartoon, and this was because Mainframe animators created their cartoon models based off 3D scans of the toys themselves. The BW cartoon is certainly more toy-accurate than G1 IMO.

G1 toy-cartoon likeness

Beast Wars toy-cartoon likeness

oi suppose to reply to thread with poll merge these please?

Do you like Predacons?
    Do you like Insects?
    Do you like Loyalty?

Well this giant Fire Ant is absolutely for you!

Inferno was as insane a popular character as his personality, in part due to an irreparable malfunction to his logic circuits suffered upon re-entry to earth.
    Loyal to a fault, this maniacal arsonist saw his leader Megatron as his Colony's Queen and as a Soldier Class of Ant, would defend both his Queen and Colony diligently as his duty was to always serve "The Royalty!".

Inferno's Alt mode is truly something to behold; A Giant Fire Ant with working Mandibles, bulbous Abdomen but unfortunately only 4 of his 6 legs had suitable articulation with 2 being fixed in a static pose and some might even say of oddly scrawny proportions.

His Transformation is rather simplistic for his size but this is by no means a deterrent, as it is due mainly to function more than anything else.

Bot mode, this is where Inferno really shines:
    His Bot mode head is lined with sharp teeth, framed in a suitably devious smile and mounted in a head which invokes his Insect based Alt mode to a stunning degree.

His torso is thoroughly articulate, with a rotating waist, a chest comprised of his Alt mode's De-Mandibled head and arms with ball jointed shoulders and elbows ending in a creepy 2 digit hand.

Unfortunately, as Inferno was molded without an opposable thumb, which his onscreen visage actually had, his weapons, which are the larger mandibles which form a Jaws-of-death type weapon and his smaller mandibles forming his missile launcher, are forced to be wrist-mounted weapons which look ok but it would of been nicer to see them being 'held'.

Inferno's legs and waist are also suitably articulated with a ball joint at the hip and knee, ending in a single black-toed foot which have a plug for his Missile/Alt mode leg to store in - Doubling as shin guards.
    At his rear is the Ant's Abdomen which just sits or dangles behind Inferno until he is required to take to the skies! - Separating into 4 quarters as rotor blades, his abdomen then reveals 4 rocket boosters that when held and the button on their underside is pushed, cause the 4 rotors to rotate simulating Inferno's onscreen 'Flight Mode'.

Inferno is an incredible figure with a suitable Fire Ant colour scheme that embodies his onscreen counterpart to a tee, coupled with awesome articulation and great accessories, clearly defined Alt and Bot modes and superb playability - Inferno is a Definite and Definitive Must Have! for any Transformers, Beast Wars and/or Insect fan!

Trust me, if I could find an Antagony I would buy her in a heart beat just because of how awesome Inferno is!

the abdomen can "click" into place when in bot mode.