Page 7 of 154 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121727 ... LastLast

Thread: Lego Acquisitions

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    Got this baby today. Expensive s.o.b. imo for the size of the box. When it's finally made I'll replace most, if not all, the off-coloured bricks with brown to give it a more even appearance.

STL: I went back to the place I scored 8103 from and they had heaps of 8102, 8104 and 8105's but no 8103 sets left.
    Looks good as is, has a weathered/rusted look to it. You might turn it too boring if you make it clean.

So am I the only one not liking the new starwars lego? Seems too overwealming to me, and I don't like any of the 1/2/3 series vehicles at all.

Also, does anyone else feel that lego is selling out too much? I mean, just look at it, starwars lego, batman lego, speed racer lego, indy lego, etc.

I'm really liking their own created series much better these days. I still hope that the new space ones are good as I still havn't seen them yet...
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    After a 2 week drought, some new Legos:

Space Police II Galactic Mediator, Solar Snooper and Ice Planet Deep Freeze Defender
    Deep Freeze Defender! I've got the whole Ice Planet line boxed up and sitting in my cupbaord, makes me want to get them all out.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Looks good as is, has a weathered/rusted look to it. You might turn it too boring if you make it clean.

So am I the only one not liking the new starwars lego? Seems too overwealming to me, and I don't like any of the 1/2/3 series vehicles at all.

Also, does anyone else feel that lego is selling out too much? I mean, just look at it, starwars lego, batman lego, speed racer lego, indy lego, etc.
    I am seeing your points there...

...nonetheless here's my latest. Still haven't taken myself to see Clone Wars yet so I feel sorta wrong buying The Twilight when I have no firsthand experience flying it.
    Also another Mars Mission just coz I thought this was a pretty cool fighter.

I don't mind Lego Batman at all though.

I'm really liking their own created series much better these days. I still hope that the new space ones are good as I still havn't seen them yet...
    The current castle line is really really good.

I liked the first run of it with the skeletons best.

And I really like the town sets. Looks like that is their main staple as it's been going strong over the years.
    Code:
    O o 
      _

And I really like the town sets. Looks like that is their main staple as it's been going strong over the years.
    I recently read that in the USA, Star Wars is the most successful Lego line, but globally, Lego City (Town, Police, Fire, etc.) is king.

No, I mean their main staple. They've kept the town line and keep expanding into different aspects every year.
    Code:
    O o 
      _

Ah. Gotchya. The same article reflected that City, Space and Castle are their staples. They will always revisit each periodically.

Great lot Fungal. Very nice. I like the older sets compared to the new ones in the sense that there's a lot more obvious conventional Lego pieces being used. Not that I don't like the smooth surfaces a lot of today's legos have, it's a nice classic feel.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

The first 4 Exo-Force units. They look very nice and there's the great fold up flaps to boot. Can't wait to build them. Lots of wasted space though.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection