Page 132 of 195 FirstFirst ... 112122127128129130131132133134135136137142152 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1943

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I like Waddlepop. Such a cute name. The others do nothing for me, although if I were a kid in the actual target demographic that these toys were aiming at, I probably would find them awesome. Cos it's not as if Beast Man or Lion-O were amazingly creative names. Or for that matter, "Galvatron"?
    I always thought Galvatron was a cool name, considering his origins. Grab the old Megatron, which itself in some stroke of genius is a menacing name, and add Galvanise on the front and you get something pretty great for the far flung future of 2005, that fits with his new outside.

I just think it’s neat.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    I always thought Galvatron was a cool name, considering his origins. Grab the old Megatron, which itself in some stroke of genius is a menacing name, and add Galvanise on the front and you get something pretty great for the far flung future of 2005, that fits with his new outside.

I just think it’s neat.
    For the record, I totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Grab the old Megatron, which itself in some stroke of genius is a menacing name, and add Galvanise on the front and you get something pretty great for the far flung future of 2005, that fits with his new outside.
    Megatron is honestly a fairly ordinary name as a villain. Mega just means big or a million, and 'tron comes from the word "electron" or "electronic." And we 80s kids all knew this thanks to the movie Tron. We also knew what galvanisation was, since we still used galvanised metal bins in 1986, or at least my neighbourhood did. I didn't see plastic wheelie bins until 1988. So... Galvatron = an electronic thing covered in a protective layer of zinc? Kids aren't stupid, we knew what these words meant!

Look, they're not terrible names, certainly more creative than the likes of Cycle Man, Cy-Kill, Hun-Dred, Skeletor, Mumm-Ra, Mon-Star, Murky Dismal and so many other forgettable antagonists from other 80s toy franchise. Compared to them, Megatron and Galvatron sounded pretty damn good... but we always knew that they were also kinda silly. I'm surprised we never had any bad guys in the 80s called Vil-Lain. Although MOTU came close with Evil-Lyn.

There’s too many BotBots coming out so quickly that I don’t think I’ll remember all their names, punny or not. It’s going to be like the Micromasters where I can name at most 50% off the top of my head, but when you get to the second year squads and those combiner transports I’m getting into guessing territory.

UW Sky Lynx is a little, small. I wouldn't say no to HasTak doing a (slightly smaller) Titan of Sky Lynx after Omega Supreme, Scorponok, Black Zarak and Monstructor are done. I'm thinking Devastator/Predaking size, not Trypticon.

My son is watching Rescue Bots and it is currently his favourite show. Unfortunately somehow this show has made him obssessed with Optimus Prime and Bumblebee despite the fact that the Rescue Bots are the main characters of the show.

He refers to the Morbots in the show as 'Naughty Robots' and has for some reason assigned this title to the G1 Ultra Magnus toy he has. I found this amusing for obvious reasons.

Mucking around with MS Paint to see what Animated Blitzwing might look like with a more G1 design.

Another instance of knowing too much about Transformers toys.... when you see part of a toy that isn't a mainstream character or toy and still immediately recognise it.

Digging around the seat cushions of someone else's sofa (long story, don't ask), I found several pieces of lego and this robot leg....

(from POTP Legends Slash, the new Dinobot)

+What happened to Unicron's left calf and foot after it fell off? His head pops off and his torso gets obliterated, but no peep about his left limb after the movie.

+If Rodimus Prime reverts back to Hot Rod immediately after the Matrix is removed from his chest (as seen in the cartoon) why is he still able to maintain his Rodimus persona after Galvatron blasts it out of his hands?
    Shouldn't he turn back into Hot Rod, then Rodimus once he picks up the Matrix again? But then... shouldn't he have become Rodimus when he held the Matrix when Optimus kicked the bucket?

+ If Optimus was inside the Matrix, shouldn't he have communicated to Magnus and said something like "Magnus, you're not the chosen one. Give it to the kid & save yourself from being drawn, quartered & rebuilt" Hes got no issues letting the Arise, Rodimus Prime rip when it's called for.

I really hope Hasbro packs enough Refraktors in each case to satisfy the demand of people like me that are planning on buying three.