Page 35 of 72 FirstFirst ... 152530313233343536373839404555 ... LastLast

Thread: The Doctor Who thread

I don't understand the end scene!! They are all there together?? Don't they all have their memories wiped clean?? Explain this I just don't get it. :/

I don't think it is meant to have anything to do with the story, it is just there for being visually spectacular... after 50 years, we have his whole "life" in one shot. (even if most of it was just made up of giant candles)

The Doctor was narrating that Clara had asked if he ever had dreams. The scene of all the Doctors standing together was the dream.

I think it's a safe bet that Moffatt is going to ignore The Valeyard story, or we are expected to believe the throw away line in The Sarah Jane Adventures that he has more than 12 regenerations.

That in it's self would be backed up by the "intro" by Matt Smith at the movie screening where he declares he's just come back from watching the 100th Anniversary Episode which starred all 57 Doctors. I know I know, not to be taken seriously.

So aside from watching it this morning at 5:50am I also went along to see it at the cinema because I won a double pass.

I was completely blown away by the crowd.

Initially it was suppose to be one screening. One of the managers gave a speech and said they had to add a second, then a 3rd and 4th and might even have to add a 5th by the end of the day.

On top of that I was amazed at the number of Tom Baker fans ... fans that shouldn't have been! We're talking teenagers and early 20-somethings. The sort of people you'd expect to be fans of Tennant and Smith.

Very good 50th anniversary episode! I did love all the doctors coming together to save Galifrey at the end, and they sidestepped the whole 'him losing his regret and becoming a different person' by conveniently forgetting very well.

I feel a bit of a nerd for how many references and in-jokes I got, but I bet there are a lot of folk that got a lot more than I did

Meh, it was okay.

I much preferred Adventures in Time and Space dramatising the filming of Doctor Who.
    Last edited by CBratron; 24th November 2013 at 09:49 PM.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Fun little Dr Who online Quiz here:

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Tardis_Trivia_Quizzes

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    I much preferred Adventures in Time and Space dramatising the filming of Doctor Who.
    The special should have been the same level of Adventures in Time and Space. I'm not a fan of Mark Gatiss' writing but his recent contributions to the series have been solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post
    So aside from watching it this morning at 5:50am I also went along to see it at the cinema because I won a double pass.

I was completely blown away by the crowd.

Initially it was suppose to be one screening. One of the managers gave a speech and said they had to add a second, then a 3rd and 4th and might even have to add a 5th by the end of the day.

On top of that I was amazed at the number of Tom Baker fans ... fans that shouldn't have been! We're talking teenagers and early 20-somethings. The sort of people you'd expect to be fans of Tennant and Smith.
    ^This is extremely good to hear, clearly The Doctor is far more alive and well than many might've otherwise thought! ^

Just finished watching "An Adventure in Space and Time" (Which is now up on ABCiview )...
    Wow! , a brilliant "Behind The Scenes" story, however dramatised, who's ending nearly choked me up I'll admit... extremely few things have ever had that affect on me, David Bradley's performance was thoroughly brilliant!

"I don't want to go..." - Powerful words, in the right hands.

Having Matt Smith appear (In somewhat of a premonition) certainly added weight to the final act I felt, it really rang home just how much William Hartnell's performance was essential to establishing a firm base in which each successive actor has drawn from & echoed - This is why I rather liked his positioning in the final Dream scene of the 50th Anniversary episode because really, without Bill, we wouldn't have had any of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Having Matt Smith appear (In somewhat of a premonition) certainly added weight to the final act I felt, it really rang home just how much William Hartnell's performance was essential to establishing a firm base in which each successive actor has drawn from & echoed - This is why I rather liked his positioning in the final Dream scene of the 50th Anniversary episode because really, without Bill, we wouldn't have had any of the others.
    The appearance of Matt Smith was weird and rather jarring to me. It was like watching the Star Wars original trilogy with the added prequel reference scenes. It just felt out of place.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.