Page 74 of 183 FirstFirst ... 546469707172737475767778798494 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Personally, I'd be tempted to ask for a full refund and return it to them at their expense.

even if it means dodgily resealing it and marking it as a return to sender.

to advertise something as a Mint box and then damage it like that in shipping is irresponsible, whether they're making a business out of eBay or not.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Well, I caved and accepted his partial refund offer. With no guarantee of me not having to pay some form of postage back to the seller, I decided to cut my losses and take a gamble. Shrapnel is still sealed, so with the refund it still makes him relatively cheap for a MISB Insecticon, and he displays well from the front. With MISB Bombshell on the way soon too, I decided to keep him.
    The AUD has been tanking in recent times, I'm not sure if another MISB specimen will come up that I can afford. If it does, I can always sell this one off I guess. Time will tell if my flap crease OCD will get the better of me

When word got out that HLJ ****ed up and took way more orders for the fem-bots than they were allocated stock I ordered Windblade and Chromia from RK and bought EMS shipping. I got Arcee from a guy in Japan on ebay that wasn't overcharging as much as everyone else, $40USD for the figure, he only offered SAL tho.

Well I'm now pissed off at the Hong Kong "Speed Post" because the figures that I paid for EMS on arrived on the same day as the SAL shipped Arcee. The figures were bought minutes apart. So apparently EMS is now as slow as SAL.

EDIT: and now that I've opened them I'm annoyed that all 3 have paint issues. Arcee's ankles have scratches out of the paint, Chromia has scratches and a fingerprint on the blue part of her right forearm and Windblade has a black spot on her chin.
    Last edited by DELTAprime; 25th February 2015 at 08:39 PM.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Megatran Guest

^ How many business days did EMS take once posted? Sometimes I receive parcels using SAL that are speedy (as opposed to slow EMS).

The TakTom fembots seem to be full of problems. If you can get them they seem to have issues, particularly of the bad, misapplied or scratched paint, but also the wrong Arcee hands.

I'd like to buy them but am leaning towards the "wont even bother" feelings now.

11 days (including weekends) for the EMS and 13 days for the SAL. That's impressive for the SAL actually.

EDIT: Paul can you link to the issues. I'm not even sure what your talking about with "wrong Arcee hands".
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I was quite keen to get a JP Arcee to have on display as the "most likely accurate" 1986 Arcee toy we will ever get (because of the colours of the JP version), but with the significant number of paint issues and the possibility of wrong parts, plus the cost on the secondary market... I might just leave it with just the Hasbro version.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    EDIT: and now that I've opened them I'm annoyed that all 3 have paint issues. Arcee's ankles have scratches out of the paint, Chromia has scratches and a fingerprint on the blue part of her right forearm and Windblade has a black spot on her chin.
    Do you mind posting images of the paint issues? I was keen on getting TT Legends Arcee only because the paint scheme was more appealing than my Hasbro. Also a great figure that I don't mind getting multiple variations.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I was quite keen to get a JP Arcee to have on display as the "most likely accurate" 1986 Arcee toy we will ever get (because of the colours of the JP version), but with the significant number of paint issues and the possibility of wrong parts, plus the cost on the secondary market... I might just leave it with just the Hasbro version.
    I share these thoughts exactly.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

hmmm I've just had the takara RC and Windblade turn up this week. yet to open. but now I'm a bit worried.

they look OK in the pack
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)