Thread: Comic Review: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Prequel

Default Comic Review: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Prequel

Today IDW's Second venture into the Digital comic Series Starts with Fall of Cybertron hitting virtual shelves today.

6 CHAPTER DIGITAL EXCLUSIVE SERIES! The comic you can't wait to read to go along with the game you can't wait to play! The TRANSFORMERS: FALL OF CYBERTRON digital comic leads directly into the upcoming video game. Let Transformers: Robots in Disguise writer JOHN BARBER and hot new artist DHEERAJ VERMA introduce you to the world of Cybertron as we meet GRIMLOCK, SNARL, SLUG, SLUDGE, and SWOOP—the team that someday will be called—the DINOBOTS!

Creators - John Barber (writers), Dheeraj Verma (artist)
    Publisher - IDW
    Retail Price - AU$0.99 per issue (online only)
    Page count per issue - 8 pages
    Series length - 6 issues (limited series)
    Released:
    • Issue 1 - August 15 2012
    • Issue 2 - August 29 2012
    • Issue 3 - September 12 2012
    • Issue 4 -
    • Issue 5 -
    • Issue 6 -

Covers
    Issue 1

IDW News Release
    Last edited by Sharky; 13th September 2012 at 02:32 PM.
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I thought this got off to a good start. It felt like a quicker read than the Autocracy digitial comic though.

I really like the art style. The inking/line work is nice and detailed and different to what's in other TF books. It's kind of got a G2 feel (in the best possible ways)

The "Dinobots" seem out of character on page 7 but I'm interested in reading more.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I thought this got off to a good start. It felt like a quicker read than the Autocracy digitial comic though.

I really like the art style. The inking/line work is nice and detailed and different to what's in other TF books. It's kind of got a G2 feel (in the best possible ways)

The "Dinobots" seem out of character on page 7 but I'm interested in reading more.
    It's this a prequel or a re-telling of the game story?

It's a new story that's a prequel to Fall of Cybertron. I believe the series will set up how Grimlock and co end up where and how they are in the new game.

issue 2 is out to download, and i am not really sold on this art or story

....there is a panel that swoop transforms and later grimlock... which looks like they explode then reform in a robot... and shock wave looks terrible....
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Decepticon Guest

I wanted to like it but really dislike the artwork.

The third chapter is out (along with the MTMTE) annual, and to be honest if you are not reading you really are not missing anything and if you are reading it you are not missing anything

This story covers what happens to the lightning strike coalition or grimlock and his team when they go missing to when they are found in FOC

The art is really terrible and everything looks ugly so i dont know how they can say "hot new artist" unless by "hot" they mean "dirt cheap"

So technically if you have played the game and are past the grimlock chapters the story is really predictable...

And i am finding it unenjoyable it felt like issue three was a bit of an effort to get through.

Could be the art is turning me off it
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy