Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: FansProject's Crossfire 2: Bruticus Upgrade

I had always intended to go back and get the Energon/Superlink versions of the two combiner molds, so I was thrilled with the Universe Bruticus release, not only because it was cheaper than buying the older version, but because I felt the colors were superior than the older version, and they shine even more so with this accessory.

As to Superion though, I do prefer the old version as I'm not really into the baby pink and blue used with the Universe version.

Back on topic, one thing I have to add about this figure is that the new feet and wider shoulders make it quite huge in comparison to the accessory-less version and Superion (with or without accessories). It's truly menacing and I love it.

This is my first third party-kit. Man-oh-man, the photos just don't do it enough justice. It's so much better in-hand.
    Get this is you love combiners, (especially if you like the character). Get this if you love g1 and/or 'classics'.
    Get this if you love playing/fiddling/displaying your figures.

Even if your not into third-party, just give it a thought. It's just so clever and rewarding, you will not (shouldn't imo) be dissapointed.

p.s. this = Crossfire munitioner + explorer

Once you get these kits and combine them to make Bruticus as he should be, a part of you looks at the bulkiness of the figure and imagines him saying "Bruticus! RAAHHH!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post

Back on topic, one thing I have to add about this figure is that the new feet and wider shoulders make it quite huge in comparison to the accessory-less version and Superion (with or without accessories). It's truly menacing and I love it.
    yep Bruticus is definitely bulkier and taller than Superion

Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwarp View Post
    Man that arc set is cool
    Cheers Warp, takes a lot of clips and blutack to keep the wall panels in place though, but so nice for a playset/ backdrop for shots heheh
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Man I can't explain how AWESOME this set is!!!! Its soo detailed! The effort and thought put into this set is fantastic!!! Makes this combiner set the most badass ever I reckon! I really do like it how FP has given us a really modern take on the G1 series toys. I feel like it fills a void that has been left by Hasbro since they introduced other series because I grew up with G1 and in my opinion G1 is the BEST series ever. The classics line is kind of cool but I think FP is small enough to give fans what they want in a toy and not have to worry about safety,target market etc. and like their slogan says by fans for fans

After you get the poses right this guy looks awesome in the cabinet! If I could describe it, I'd say it looks like the Bruticus that was fighting Predaking in the DW comics that was drawn by Don Figueroa. Or Japanese/Manga style??? With the small head, small waist huge cannons and big guns to go with it I say get it if you can!!!

I'm definately looking forward to the Rodimus Prime add-on if they made some more combiners that would be soo cool!!

My set finally arrived today!
    They also took up most of my time today too, playing around with them, taking photos and generally exploring the 'Epic-ness of Cool' that this set, once apart of Bruticus, really is!.
    Didn't really seem to have any weighting problems with the weapons in the hands of Bruticus, lucky I guess, but I had a lot of fun fiddling with those articulate hands of his.

Below are some pics, Some Adult in Nature and displaying my feelings towards the PCC Bombshock & The Craptaculacons, I've taken with some captions underneath.

Scared!?, That's Right!, You two should be... You Know who's Coming!

That's Right Bombshock, Better Vehicles!

Yeah! and Better Armed Vehicles at That!

Oh Look Bombshock, Onslaught's Combaticon Team have actual Bot Mode's with Individual Personalities... does Yours!?

Ah! , I see it's starting to Sink In Now!, Bruticus - As He was Meant to Be!

Uh Oh!, Guess who's noticed you Bombshock?, I don't think calling yourself a Combaticon was a particularly wise move!

Grovel all you like!, Mercy Pleas are foreign concepts to Bruticus!

Bargaining wont help you either! It only serves to infuriate Him!, causing Blastoff to lose his A.I. control over Bruticus!

Well..., You'll only make that mistake once! Bruticus prefers the 'Hands On' approach!

Mind you kids, He has a sense of Humour too!

Hope you guys like

great photos! hopefully kyle will reply soon about mine :3

NIce one Hursty!, oh I see mini megs in the corner there, trying to look inconspicuous I believe hehehe.