Page 114 of 152 FirstFirst ... 94104109110111112113114115116117118119124134 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1520

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

I don't think that makes him comparable to Stuart (who is the worst coach since Brian Smith). Bennett knows who he wants and the types of players he needs and sticks with them while he can. It is up to clubs to make sure that they replace outgoing players with new/replacement ones, its not like Bennett sneaks off into the night or anything!

As for Stuart, he leaves a club with overpriced players and gets rid of or disenfranchises the rest, then he leaves, and viola, those players he squashed and did not select all come good...

My condolences Tigers fans, Brian Smith is at your club, watch the rot begin anew.

Also nice to see Mansour sticking with the Panfers even though it was on (marginally) less money, they also got a great player in Korisau. Lots of Rakes at the Panthers now, not sure why when Segeyaro is brilliant.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

It's the coach and their support staff who recommend new players to sign and which ones to bring up from the under 20's etc, Bennett had good support staff while at the broncos but hes been a bit found out at the dragons and knights. Sure hes not as bad as Stuart but hes passed his used by date as a head coach I think.

I was very disgusted with Kurt Gidley on the weekend. Dropping knees whenever he could and that blatant shoulder on Farah. He deserved more then 10 in the bin. Then finally he has the ball on the last play to try and win the game and he takes a tackle.

Go home and look at your origin jersey... You'll never get another one lol.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    I was very disgusted with Kurt Gidley on the weekend. Dropping knees whenever he could and that blatant shoulder on Farah. He deserved more then 10 in the bin. Then finally he has the ball on the last play to try and win the game and he takes a tackle.

Go home and look at your origin jersey... You'll never get another one lol.
    thats nothing new for gidley really, and that professional foul i dont know how you can find anything more blatant that isnt oportunistic
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    thats nothing new for gidley really, and that professional foul i dont know how you can find anything more blatant that isnt oportunistic
    Only the most one eyed Knights supporter could make the claim that it didn't deserve the sin bin! Gidley is one of those players who, as he lost his speed and talent has resorted to grubbery, much like Ennis or Gallen. Was once one of my favourite players, but has not been for years.

Wish they would use the bin more for those professional fouls, sliding knees, facial work etc. Accidents happen in rugby league, we do not need the grubby stuff on top of it.

cant believe NSW picked Dugan
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

cant believe NSW picked Dugan
    But he scored three tries on the weekend.

It's far from the worst solution, he has played before and will hopefully lift like Boyd does. With the way injuries are occuring this season, having 2-15 players capable of playing fullback or throughout the backline is not a bad plan!

Personally I would have gone for Beau Scott in the centres (or Lewis) and then Walker as the winger. That would have troubled whatever maroon combination is left to play in game 2.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    But he scored three tries on the weekend.

It's far from the worst solution, he has played before and will hopefully lift like Boyd does. With the way injuries are occuring this season, having 2-15 players capable of playing fullback or throughout the backline is not a bad plan!

Personally I would have gone for Beau Scott in the centres (or Lewis) and then Walker as the winger. That would have troubled whatever maroon combination is left to play in game 2.
    Haha three tries against a sharks team fielding a reserve grade side if he was any sort of top player he should of bagged five. In fact if St George was any sort of rugby league team it should of been a 80-0 defeat.

I am more worries about his shithouse defence he has been far from form in that department all season, Qlders will find him out pretty quick. I agree Scott wood of made a better centre..

On a side note when Cronulla last game where the were actually full strength the defeated the current competition leaders... Injuries cruel a team but when you have a team of injuries......I think the interim coaching and conditioning coaches need a look at
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Haha three tries against a sharks team fielding a reserve grade side if he was any sort of top player he should of bagged five. In fact if St George was any sort of rugby league team it should of been a 80-0 defeat.
    Hey they also made Benji look good, that takes some doing!

On a side note when Cronulla last game where the were actually full strength the defeated the current competition leaders... Injuries cruel a team but when you have a team of injuries......I think the interim coaching and conditioning coaches need a look at
    It does make you wonder what their training regimes must be, all teams get injury crisis every few years, look at Penrith and Tigers last year, but the range and insane number of injuries the TigerSharks have had just baffles me. Part of it comes from their aged roster but surely there is something very wrong with their methods of recovery or the use of their equipment...

On top of that, I think I heard that they released DeGois to Parra, not sure if it is effective immediately or not, if it is, the Sharks administrators are idiots and must be confident of getting Ennis, a truly terrible purchase for the club.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Hey they also made Benji look good, that takes some doing!

It does make you wonder what their training regimes must be, all teams get injury crisis every few years, look at Penrith and Tigers last year, but the range and insane number of injuries the TigerSharks have had just baffles me. Part of it comes from their aged roster but surely there is something very wrong with their methods of recovery or the use of their equipment...

On top of that, I think I heard that they released DeGois to Parra, not sure if it is effective immediately or not, if it is, the Sharks administrators are idiots and must be confident of getting Ennis, a truly terrible purchase for the club.
    Yeah de gois is gone effective immediately I expect home to be lining up for parra next game. It's a shame he was one if out best defenders and I have not seen a little bloke tackle one on one like he does. Good pick up for parra. And from what I hear Ennis just has to sign on the dotted line. His family is established and already living in Cronulla so the move to Canberra is not that great.. His signing baffles me also when they had a great young hooker in Lichaa who signed with the dogs (followed fifita then They reneged)

I find it funny that people refer to them as tiger sharks. We have just as many panthers playing for us to. But Sharkies never pooched a single tigers player the tigers discarded them all fair game!!
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy