Thread: KO MP-29 Laserwave Takara boxed visual differences

Default KO MP-29 Laserwave Takara boxed visual differences

Easy to spot visual differences between Takara, and the newly released (as of May 2017) KO MP-29. Not to be mistaken with the "KO" from April 2016, which was actually "Factory stock"

KO on the left, Takara on the right

The KO box, Laserwaves gun arm, and barrel in gun mode touch the edge of the box. Takara does not.
    The KO also has a very noticable black border around the "ears" and shoulders. The image is also darker, but thats hard to tell unless they're side by side.
    The KO Takara tomy logo is also a darker purple/blue.

On the back, the KO is missing the decepticon logo in the middle of the box. Also the KO photos are quite dark, and have a lot of black in the background.

The KO is a lighter, milkier colour purple. It is also slightly longer in gun mode, slightly taller in bot mode.

The grey paint in the gun grip/leg shins is more of an off white, than a grey/muted purple like on Takara. Same with the gun barrel/backpack.

The KO spring is painted a similar purple to the figures body. The paint is also very delicate and is commonly chipped straight out of the box.

The KO hands are on mushroom pegs, Takara use a ball joint

The clear window on Takara has a purple haze to it, the KO does not.
    The The silver detail on Takara's chest is sublte and not reflective. The KO chest is highly reflective chrome paint.

Aside from those differences... it does look remarkably well done for a KO.
    Scary stuff!

Another great comparison, it's amazing how close the KOs can come, but it's good when there is still something small but obvious, like the wrists, that we can look at and go "yep that's a fake".
    I'd love to see more of these style comparisons if you have done or will do ones of older MPs, and I look forward to seeing what other comparison posts you make

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    Another great comparison, it's amazing how close the KOs can come, but it's good when there is still something small but obvious, like the wrists, that we can look at and go "yep that's a fake".
    I'd love to see more of these style comparisons if you have done or will do ones of older MPs, and I look forward to seeing what other comparison posts you make
    It's too bad Takasa Tony isn't around anymore. Like KO, Hate KO.. at least they put their name to the product, and stamped it on the figure itself so there is little to no confusion.

I'm not likely to do older MP's like the carbots. There's a wealth of information available already and some very detailed Youtube guides on the differences. I'm hesitant to make suggestions as the KO rules here are a bit grey.

What other MP's would you like to see?

Quote Originally Posted by Bots & Bits View Post
    It's too bad Takasa Tony isn't around anymore. Like KO, Hate KO.. at least they put their name to the product, and stamped it on the figure itself so there is little to no confusion.

I'm not likely to do older MP's like the carbots. There's a wealth of information available already and some very detailed Youtube guides on the differences. I'm hesitant to make suggestions as the KO rules here are a bit grey.

What other MP's would you like to see?
    Yes love them or hate them Takasa Tony at least let you know.
    If you have some links to good youtube channels that show the differences feel free to PM me some, honestly I'm playing catch up on a lot of older MPs so it was more if you were going to do more of these styled guides that they'd be welcome.
    I know Lambor might be worth looking at as there will be a lot of originals (or KOs) for sale with the + version coming out so that's one off the top of my head, but yeah I'm trying to save whatever guides I can find on all MPs both for myself and for friends that arent too savvy but like the MP style and want to get some in future