Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Walmart Gen1 reissues - Hotrod, Starscream, Devastator, Minibots

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The Minibots have shown up at Walmart in Canada, for about AU$12 each... which probably isn't too bad for today's dollars.
    That's a nice price
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

So I ended up getting all the Minobots from Walmart, Hot Rod from ebay and Starscream and the Constructicons from RK. Was surprised that Walmart worked, I've previously tried buying from them and it hasn't gone through but this time it accepted my Australian card with US shipping address.

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    So I ended up getting all the Minobots from Walmart, Hot Rod from ebay and Starscream and the Constructicons from RK. Was surprised that Walmart worked, I've previously tried buying from them and it hasn't gone through but this time it accepted my Australian card with US shipping address.
    Happy for you man. Hope they all arrive in pristine minty state.

But that's the pain with exclusives. Then there's the markup after market price. We need a one-stop shop. Put your hand down PC.

My hot rod arrived, and from the front looks spot on G1 accurate.
    But turn it round to the back....... aside from tech specs being multilingual they have been completely rewritten.

HOt rod is now "an all-American boy". Guess he had a radical personality shift when he landed on Earth.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    My hot rod arrived, and from the front looks spot on G1 accurate.
    But turn it round to the back....... aside from tech specs being multilingual they have been completely rewritten.

HOt rod is now "an all-American boy". Guess he had a radical personality shift when he landed on Earth.
    Did they leave off the word Autobot at the end, because “all-American boy Autobot” is part of his original bio

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Did they leave off the word Autobot at the end, because “all-American boy Autobot” is part of his original bio
    Just checked and it does say ‘all American boy autobot’.

The minibots are back up for pre-order at RK. Got my order in.

Got Starscream and Devastator a couple of days ago. Absolute dream come true. Especially Starscream, that package takes me straight back to the Kmart toy aisle in the 80’s.

I hope these hit Australian shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by danny-boy View Post

Got Starscream and Devastator a couple of days ago. Absolute dream come true. Especially Starscream, that package takes me straight back to the Kmart toy aisle in the 80’s.

Thanks for that, I cancelled my orders with Walmart and ordered them from RK. Reason being is that I know RK packs them nicely whereas who knows how Walmart ships them and I haven't been happy with MyUS (my forwarder) lately on their repacking. Only one I kept at Walmart was an Outback since there is only one in the RK case.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by danny-boy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Thanks for that, I cancelled my orders with Walmart and ordered them from RK. Reason being is that I know RK packs them nicely whereas who knows how Walmart ships them and I haven't been happy with MyUS (my forwarder) lately on their repacking. Only one I kept at Walmart was an Outback since there is only one in the RK case.
    All this talk of robot kingdom actually helped me out as it seems they re-listed prime trilogy repugnus, also bought me a walmart starscream just because why not, would have missed this otherwise

Took the plunge myself and got on board with RK for all three reissues... plus a minty G1 Ultra Magnus. For those of you who ordered via RK did you ask to make any special instructions for the customs info?

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    Took the plunge myself and got on board with RK for all three reissues... plus a minty G1 Ultra Magnus. For those of you who ordered via RK did you ask to make any special instructions for the customs info?
    I did ask to mark them as a gift (forgot to enter it in the instructions) as a preventative measure but no idea if it'll really have an effect, think about it.

The government want retailers to charge on their behalf, auspost ain't gonna police/know what has been charged and what hasn't, but if a whistleblower steps in good chance they'll be IP blocked.

I know mandarake mark them as gifts without question or even asking so that's nice but perhaps unnecessary, not that I'm taking chances