Thread: Movie Optimus helmet out in Australia

Default Movie Optimus helmet out in Australia

Posted over at TFW2005, the advance release "Premier Edition" Optimus Prime voice-changer helmet has now been found in Australia... after showing up in various countries around the world in the last week.

It was found first at Zing, for $138.

It isn't known yet if that is above or below what other retailers will charge, as Zing have had prices for their Generations toys that are cheapest (Voyager) and dearest (Deluxe) in Australia.

But it should be noted, that despite it looking like a lot of money for a role play helmet, the 2007 version was priced at $78 to $99 in different retailers... and that was ten years ago (of inflation) with a better exchange rate (making toys cheaper back then for Hasbro Australia to import).
    It should also be noted that after 10 years of innovations and tech improvements, this isn't likely to be a re-shelled copy of the 2007 helmet's electronics... so pricing can't be compared between the 2007 and 2017 helmets. Better tech could have made it cheaper, but inflation and exchange rate looks to have made it more expensive.

I picked up one of these today, and I have to say it's money well spent. Especially for pretty much a full helmet with phrases and voice changer. The look alone is worth it.

I've spotted this at Philippines retail for approx 160aud a few weeks ago. Given most RRP for TF toys in the Philippines are the same with Australian RRP atm, I was thinking it is Hasbro price globally

Not a fan of this one. Looks super cheap, lacks detail and paint apps.

For that price I'd want a lot more of a metallic paint finish with some actual weathering.

A few slight mods and metallic green paint and you have a Green Goblin Helmet
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

The box image has a nice silver colouring to it, but the helmet itself is just a grey that looks so dull and faded... it makes it look so cheap. The 2007 helmet had solid grey plastic that had a shine to it, almost metallic.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by laproblematique View Post
    Not a fan of this one. Looks super cheap, lacks detail and paint apps.

For that price I'd want a lot more of a metallic paint finish with some actual weathering.
    This.

Knowing how hasbro works it'll be based on the same tech as the black series star wars helmets, the presets sound nice in their little video but seeing how the demo in their storm trooper helmet video was "simulated" I'm thinking the voice changer function is a dud.

And honestly, they could of done a far better job of the helmet aesthetics, its not worth that money in the slightest