Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192434 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot Toys and other 1/6 scale figures!

Default Kal El Reviews: Hot Toys MMS201 Jor-El (Man of Steel)

Video Review of Hot Toys MMS201 Jor-El from the 2013 Movie 'Man of Steel'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpLia...O7P6ta0oxNwf9Q

With the first release from the Man of Steel line, Hot Toys has once again, done a fantastic job.
    First things first, Jor-El does not photograph well, more specifically his head sculpt. The sculpt tends to appear very shiny and has a unnatural gloss. Also a distant stare which to some will be off putting. But in hand the sculpt is quite well done. The hair and imperfections are great.

The Suit and tailoring are fantastic, though I would have preferred a fully armoured version of Jor-El. Not only has he got a very well done set of robes and a brilliantly sculpted chest and shoulder armour piece which is a highlight of the figure. The figure also has a nicely pleated and wired cape. Under the robes is a fully Blue Kryptonian suit, Similar to the One the Kal-El wears minus the Symbol of the house of El. The robes are removable via a rear zip, though a advise great caution if doing so.

Articulation is Fairly good, ankles still function due to the flexibility in the under suit. And the Body has double jointed knees and elbows. The shoulder articulation is limited due to the armour but no major issue.

Accessory count is low but this is made up with the inclusion of a fantastic Flight stand in the shape of the shield of the house of El. Rather than the typical pole and clip the stand has a highly articulated metal pole in similar fashion to the articulated desk lamps. It is very strong and will easily hold standard 1/6 scale figures. The only issue with the stand is the size, it takes up most of a detolf shelf. It's around the same size as the new goblin stand. The figure also comes with standard assortment of hands and a nicely sculpted kryptonian rifle. Hot Toys also added the Kryptonian Codex from the film. The item was not in the original solicitations from Hot Toys so it's a nice addition and surprise.

The Jor-El figure is great and well worth picking up. Don't pass on it due to being released before Kal-El (Superman) or you may regret it later.
    Hot Toys Have done a great job of capturing Russell Crowes likeness, It's well worth add to any collectors collection.

Full Gallery Here:
    http://kalelreviews.wordpress.com/20...w-and-gallery/

Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

That's a nice set of pics you've taken for the last couple of reviews - I particularly like Superman's fist-bump with Hulk!

It really is a great likeness of Russell Crowe, and I believe you when you say it looks better in person. I'm particularly impressed with the sculpt for the armour.

I can imagine you must be looking forward to the releases for Kal-El himself and Zod.

finally got my first Hottoys figure ....
    Stormshadow , Got to say the face sculpture really make the figure ... he actually a lot darker in skin tone then I expected , but it nice and it fit well.. I was expecting to display him with the mask face but seeing this in person it heap better .... got a tony stark as well that im going to open later tonight

Here Tony Stark !! he come with heap of accessories ( spare arms, mask, feet , robot and tray even got little size blueprint and a tiny magazine !) and also a massive stand , in the pic I just used the main part , there are bit that connect to it to make the platform , it light up but not that bright , his arm light up as well and the very bright ..... totally worth it ... one problem with my figure is that his switch for his chest light is stuck ... so no chest light!!

I got tony at xmas too! Awesome set!
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Got a question for you experts.

I don't collect Hot Toys per se, but have their Batman stuff.

I'm thinking of letting go of the following to a USA based friend:
    1. 1/6 Hot Toys Bat-Pod, 1st version, MISB
    2. 1/6 Hot Toys Batmobile, 1st version (from Batman Begins) MISB

How much do you guys think these are worth?

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post

If you had the Keaton Batman, I would have been begging you to sell it to me

Wow that nice stuff .... I want the batmobile !! don't know how you can control yourself keeping it MISB !
    I think KalEl the expert on hottoys around here ...he know the market best

I've just had a quick look at eBay's completed listings, as I figured that would be a decent indicator of market value, and the cheapest Batpod went for USD295 - they seem to be going for roughly AUD400 or so. The cheapest Tumbler (the black one) has gone for USD639 (AUD800+ doesn't seem to be unusual) - perhaps it's because they're older/out of production, or the black is in greater demand, but the black Tumblers go for higher prices than the desert camo'd Tumblers; then again, this is true for out-of-production figures in general.

On another note, in terms of new announcements from HT:

Batman armoury with DX-12 Batman figure. There are also going to be versions with Alfred and Alfred and Bruce Wayne.

Iron Man Mark XXIX - 'Starboost'.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post

On another note, in terms of new announcements from HT:

Batman armoury with DX-12 Batman figure. There are also going to be versions with Alfred and Alfred and Bruce Wayne.

Iron Man Mark XXIX - 'Starboost'.
    I don't have any of the batman figure and the armoury was just perfect for me , so I preorder it with just the batman figure .... it will look amazing as a display piece .
    I was a disappointed in the starboost suit , I was really looking forward to it as it look so cool in the concept , you can't even see it in the film , he was just a slight blur on screen for less then a second .... but this figure looks to plastic and toyish for me to justify the price , he doesn't seem to be the standard of the other suit , must be the paint app on him ....