Page 23 of 63 FirstFirst ... 31318192021222324252627283343 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Definitive Comic collection from Hachette now in Australia

I got a shipping notice for the next two volumes arriving tomorrow (the second Regeneration One volume and first issues of the IDW "ongoing" series*)

Checking the latest list of upcoming volumes I see they are including the recent GIJoe/Transformers series - the one that's almost a parody - which is an interesting choice. I'm still wondering how/when/if/which they'll reprint the Hasbro expanded universe stuff.

*Not issue 1 though which is coming in the Wreckers volume, also an interesting choice but there is a narrative break.

The next two volumes were sent out this week.
    Issue 22 is Volume 7 - covering UK #96-104 & US #24-26. (includes the story that heavily features Outback in it)
    Issue 23 is Volume 33 - covering IDWs Megatron Origin and Spotlight Blurr & Orion Pax.

Just saw a post on FB that Bissett Mags have ceased trading. Called the number to confirm and there is an automated message asking us to call UK. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    Just saw a post on FB that Bissett Mags have ceased trading. Called the number to confirm and there is an automated message asking us to call UK. Has anyone heard anything about this?

That would really suck if true... as we are only a quarter through the set, and it's not all together, making it really incomplete.
    And what's worse is that I stopped buying TPBs because I expected to be getting the IDW comics with this series, so didn't want to be doubling up.

Oh what?

I got two issues last week but will be really put out if they aren't releasing the rest.

Transcript from the message you get when you try and call Bissett Magazines customer service number (03 9872 4000):
    "This is an important message for Bissett Magazines customers. Please note that Bissett Magazines has ceased trading. For information about the series you are collecting please contact the publishers customer service center in the UK. Contact details can be found on the inside front cover of the series you are collecting. Thank you"

Here's the email address for Hachette Partworks in the UK for anyone that wants to find out what's going on with the Transformers collection:
    hachettepw@jacklinservice.com

Now I'm sort of glad I never got around to subscribing, but if it wont be too hard to get the series I may still do so.

I really hope for those who've invested so much in this already that someone else picks up the line here. assuming that they (hatchette) haven't already organised something.

I'm guessing Bisset are the local distributers.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Well, I've sent an email... will wait and see what the reply says. Deeply disappointed

Now I'm curious - where can a get the original first 2 years of the US Marvel G1 comics in a physical form? I don't want to read them online...

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    Well, I've sent an email... will wait and see what the reply says. Deeply disappointed

Now I'm curious - where can a get the original first 2 years of the US Marvel G1 comics in a physical form? I don't want to read them online...
    IDW have also reprinted all of the US G1 Marvel run across 8 volumes. Some local comic shops might have copies.

There's an Australia edition, across two volumes, of the first 16 issues of the G1 comic. See this thread. Some online stores might have it.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I'm guessing Bissett are the local distributers.
    Correct, Bissett have been distributing many (if not all) of these sort of week by week collections in Australia for years, possibly decades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    Let us know what they say, Bissett closing up shop is going to affect a lot of people in a lot of fandoms.

Food for thought: I wonder if Bissett will do some sort of clearance sale on any stock they might have sitting around, if so might be a good chance to grab some of the older series like the Marvel chronology that have already finished etc.