Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Play With This Too...

Quote Originally Posted by Scaleface View Post
    You are right of course. I am probably one of the biggest followers of Third Party Transformer fiction out there, most people ignore it completely. I actually read KFC comics, and FansProject comics. They are quite fun.

Thing you have to remember is that Play With This Too is unlike any "third party Transformer" company out there. They are based in the US, and all the owners are publically known former Hasbro employees. They simply cannot make copies of Hasbro characters legally. They know they can make stuff that generally evokes Transformers themes enough to maybe interest fans, but they have to make things original enough to be considered new characters and not piss off Hasbro's legal department. That's why this is a line of 6 inch tall heroic space men fighting space monsters, who just HAPPEN to look a little like some Transformers characters.

--

Oh, they just announced there will be an all-white figure made for customizers to paint up as this like, and it will haver a fun box:
    I hear what you are saying but I think the line of similarity to the '88/89 Hasbro stuff is crossed enough and shrinking the head a little won't add much to any legality that isn't already there.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I hear what you are saying but I think the line of similarity to the '88/89 Hasbro stuff is crossed enough and shrinking the head a little won't add much to any legality that isn't already there.
    You are right from a toy standpoint, but from a FICTION standpoint having it be a human wearing a robot face makes it vastly different from a robot wearing a human face.

Also, I think they did say something about making the heads smaller in general. Also, Jetstrike's guns will be smaller.

First render of Flarestrike, who will be one of the 10 figures available in the Kickstarter which begins next month!

Here are some of the recolors of the figures which will be available as additional items in the Kickstarter which begins September 2015.

Wrecktifier is a "broken mirror" version of the heroic Boneyard.

Wastelander is... from the wasteland?

There will also be unpainted "customizer editions" of the figures for people to buy which are great for making your own characters.

In related news the BMOG side of things is also going ahead with their new toy, which will be made in several colors.

Quote Originally Posted by BMOG Toys
    Some renders showing two of our upcoming colorway concepts for Chainbill Splatterpus. Each will come with multiple 'pressure valve' stickers and two different eye options.

That platypus looks awesome, and in colours like that one from Phineus and Ferb too
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Play With This Too have said they are shooting for the second Kickstarter to begin in September. It will go for 30 days and end during TFcon USA, which runs October 16th – 18th.

Some new pictures of the Boneyard prototype, including showing it with the new, unpainted chest with ab crunch. We also get a comparison with some other figures from other lines.

New chest piece with more articulation, still needs to be painted:

With Boneyard's human face being modeled after Schwarzenegger, then is Jetstrike's human face also modeled after a known person?

Looking at the latest painted pics of Jetstrike, he really reminds of Lord Zarak from the Marvel G1 comics.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

We have full color painted prototype images of Jetstrike!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0364069&type=3

Quote Originally Posted by Play With This Too
    Finally revealing our painted Jetstrike prototype. + New pictures of the painted Boneyard prototype. Also shown is the new torso with abdomen crunch action. Help make us a Kickstarter staff pick once we go live in September. Launch date coming soon!

This just posted from the PWTToo Facebook page:

Quote Originally Posted by Play With This Too
    Later this week we'll announce when our Kickstarter will begin. Right now, we're very happy to tell you that these figures will start at $39 each. The more figures you pledge for the more you'll save! We're doing everything we can to keep the prices as low as possible for everyone. Thank you for your support so far!
    I'll just remind you that Rik Alvarez has said in interviews that they were shooting for a 30 day long Kickstarter, and they wanted it to END during TFcon USA, which happens on October 16-18th, so if that's still the plan, I'd count back 30 days from that and you probably have a good guess for when this begins!