Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: A third Masterpiece Gen1 Optimus coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Maybe part of me doesn't want to see yet another Optimus Prime mould, but is MP10 really so outdated/inaccurate? I mean you look at MP-10 and it's instantly recognisable as the greatest Autobot leader of all time. Even more striking when you compare him to pretty much every other iteration there has been. No other toy comes close to matching cartoon accuracy. The tapering torso, head sculpt, matrix chamber, gun storage, etc. I can see why they re-did Megatron and Hot-Rod, but I'm happy with MP10 and it would take something special to make me reconsider another Optimus
    Yeah i remember a similar thing when mp10 came out. Many people did not update their mp01’s for quite some time. If the ‘improvements’ are anything like 01 to 10 it will be worth jumping on, just to keep Optimus looking good beside the next 7 years of masterpieces. I cannot wait to see the difference and imagine it is substantial (in robot mode).
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Yeah...I just take it as a given that we'll get a new MP Optimus every couple of years. He is the flagship character after all.

I don't really mind tbh. I'm quite happy with MP10, but if a new Optimus every now and then sells well enough to help keep the line running and we keep on getting other MPs that I do want then I'm fine with that.
    Last edited by Ode to a Grasshopper; 25th February 2018 at 01:01 PM.

If we really are looking at a new MP Optimus, I would imagine that the changes would have to be substantial to get potential buyers to double-dip on a new MP Optimus at this scale, since there has been high demand for MP-10 and its mould has seen several releases.

My position on MP-1 vs. MP-10 is that MP-1 is the better robot, with better proportions and nice extra features, but MP-10 is the better Transformer, with a cleaner truck mode.

Also... if MP Optimus 3.0 ends up with a different truck cab, does that mean that Ultra Magnus will need to be re-tooled and re-released to match?

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

NOW with a NEW HAT !

Who are these people, with apparently limitless money and space, that want new versions of figures that we have already got?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Who are these people, with apparently limitless money and space, that want new versions of figures that we have already got?
    There are collectors out there who have the bulk of their collection in storage and barely living within their means. Evidently not having enough space or money doesn't stop some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    It's not too bad if you only own one - I think having a 2nd prime for truck mode displaying is justifiable.
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

I hope it doesn’t have a trailer. I hope it is compatible with the mp10 trailer. I hope it takes after the aesthetic of MP Inferno. I hope you can change his face. I hope that he comes with a basketball and other silly, goofy G1 things. Am I a bad person for what I have just said?

Also I hope he comes with preposed hands similar to Laserwave!!

Those pics in the first post highlight his left arm and torso. So I'm expecting whatever form this new Convoy is he'll have swap out parts to give him the torso wounds from TFTM and the damaged left arm from Dark Awakening. (Along the lines of Mp Megatron having the beat up TFTM damage pieces. )

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Any new Optimus I am for it as MP-10 for me was underwhelming. Both Takara and Hasbro fell short in colours and none nailed it. I never understand why Takara did not fix Optimus eyes. Perhaps the new version will be OKAY WE HEARD you, we give you the dead eyes and the highlighted ones. ALSO we taken out the stupid translucent yellow pieces on the waist, are you happy?
    We also now give you the options to have the headlights painted or not painted.

Hell yes. Was it that difficult?

MP-10 did not wowed me one bit, it looks like an action figure. This was where I was actually deciding whether I wanted to continue collecting Masterpiece line as they went with the tight budget no paint route.

Holding Sunstreaker, it actually outshines a lot of previous masterpieces.