Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Vintage Transformer Liberation Thread.

I did a bit of this last night, was fun

Before

After

Before

After

The minty smell of old plastics

Question, does anyone who opens old figures find that some plastics are sticky? Divers' helmet, axe, and belt, are all sticky. Baby wipes to clean them

it brings a tear to the eye.......damn vandals *sigh*

I leave them trapped BWAHAHAHA

I would have opened the Micromasters, but not Diver. So .. wrong..

*high fives 1AZRAEL1* (and high fives to everyone else who's liberated a G1 toy on this thread )

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo
    So .. wrong..
    Well, in my opinion as a "toy emancipator" I see keeping toys sealed as "wrong".

JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie_76
    .damn vandals *sigh*
    "damn killjoys"

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie_76 View Post
    As Toy Story 2 taught us, sealed toys are EEEEEVIL!

Toys that have been opened, played with and loved are good!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo
    I would have opened the Micromasters, but not Diver.
    I might have kept Diver sealed, but that's cos I have Waverider. If I did't have Waverider I'd open Diver lickety split!

But there is a chance that even if I got Diver I'd probably open him anyway, cos there's no window on that box which means I can't even view the toy while it's sealed. And I really would like to see it since it is a slight variation of Waverider.

Speaking of which, hey 1AZRAEL1, could you please show us a pic of Diver's shell without the helmet? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie_76 View Post
    it brings a tear to the eye.......damn vandals *sigh*

I guess those toys will be saying....
    Nooooo Freeeeeeddoooooom, freeeedooooom..... do dont lock us in the room, dont turn off the lights , you cant ignore our screams foreveeeeer, freeedooooom!!!

@Gok, Im guessing your after what hair color Diver has? heheheh He uses Bellady.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I might have kept Diver sealed, but that's cos I have Waverider. If I did't have Waverider I'd open Diver lickety split!
    Well, I didn't have Waverider, but they need to be opened anyway

But there is a chance that even if I got Diver I'd probably open him anyway, cos there's no window on that box which means I can't even view the toy while it's sealed. And I really would like to see it since it is a slight variation of Waverider.
    There is a window, the front is just a flap (probably should have taken a photo with it open as well lol). But the main reason I removed it anyway, was because there was a crack/hole/break/thingy in the window in front of the shell inside the box. I shall take a photo of this as well lol.

Speaking of which, hey 1AZRAEL1, could you please show us a pic of Diver's shell without the helmet? Thanks.
    By your command (in a montone, digitised voice )

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1
    There is a window, the front is just a flap (probably should have taken a photo with it open as well lol).
    In that case I'd probably leave it sealed. But if I didn't have Waverider I'd open it for sure!

Freedom!

Soundwave superior. All others inferior!

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Question, does anyone who opens old figures find that some plastics are sticky? Divers' helmet, axe, and belt, are all sticky. Baby wipes to clean them
    Yeah it happens. The uncured resin which sort of sits inside the plastic can express to the surface of the plastic over time. Happened with my Groundbreaker & Bugly, which I got new (but unsealed) a couple of years back. They were water-damaged stock from a warehouse - so never sold but the boxes had been thrown away.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Question, does anyone who opens old figures find that some plastics are sticky? Divers' helmet, axe, and belt, are all sticky.
    Yep - I opened three MISB Centurion toys over the past two days and each of them had at least one 'sticky' bit that needed cleaning. All the oily parts were ones made from more rubbery, flexible plastics like the white accessories on Diver. Those three parts on Diver (helmet, axe and belt) are specifically notable for discolouration 'liver' spots from the plasticiser leaking out - the stickyness is a related (but less unattractive) condition.