Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: International Transformers retails and Australian GST. What retailers are doing.

Other is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

If reshippers weren't required to collect GST on the items they purchase for you then every e-tailer with a brain would just open up front end sites for you to order from so you could order from them indirectly and they wouldn't have to collect any GST beyond what they'd need from the shipping and handling fees

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

well, darn, looks like my japanese imports may have to hit the curb for a bit until a close friend flies over there

sorry aus gov, you can have my hlj pre-orders but not my japanese nick nacks, already paying out the nose from forwarding services as it is now im gonna have to run rings around them too

Quote Originally Posted by Other View Post
    If reshippers weren't required to collect GST on the items they purchase for you then every e-tailer with a brain would just open up front end sites for you to order from so you could order from them indirectly and they wouldn't have to collect any GST beyond what they'd need from the shipping and handling fees
    Yes that's the general idea. Sounds good to me
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Randomly ordered something from Mandarake (non-transformer FWIW), and they just marked the package as a gift.

I just got charged 60c GST on a $6 purchase on eBay (non TF) so goes to show its started

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bato View Post
    Randomly ordered something from Mandarake (non-transformer FWIW), and they just marked the package as a gift.
    And my cheap mp11sw came in no hassles, maybe we should keep this on the down low

Had another order from Amiami. Looks like they switched to only charging GST to the items itself, not postage.

So guys can I get a list of the US reshippers that you've used. I won't be using Shopmate again...

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    So guys can I get a list of the US reshippers that you've used. I won't be using Shopmate again...
    I can' help you there as I don't have/use a US reshipper.

Heard ordinary reviews for Shopmate. Member Sinnertwin was our giunea pig when Shopmate hit the scene. Whatever happened to that guy?...

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    I've only used Shipito for US forwarding and Tenso for Japan forwarding.
    They both do what I need them to which is forward parcels, allow me to fill out the customs declaration, consolidate, add/remove packing/items, and give me multiple options for mail out.
    I've seen people say myMallBox is also good, but I have no experience with them and while their free consolidation is appealing their shipping calculator seems to indicate that you'd pay more for shipping with less carrier options then Shipito, so I'm unsure if that "free" consolidation is really worthwhile.