Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 23333839404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Heavy Metal Thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Saw Pain tonight. Phenomenal. Nice guys. Ended up playing pool with the bass player and guitar tech whilst supports were on. Beat them 3 to 0 too lol
    Well, you can forget about an autograph or free merchandise after a 3-0 thrashing. You should've let them win like Homer Simpson does with Mr. Burns.

By the way, I've given a good listen to the new Dimmu Borgir album and it's like a scaled down version of their previous album but with better mixing. The quality is still high though.

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    Well, you can forget about an autograph or free merchandise after a 3-0 thrashing. You should've let them win like Homer Simpson does with Mr. Burns.

By the way, I've given a good listen to the new Dimmu Borgir album and it's like a scaled down version of their previous album but with better mixing. The quality is still high though.
    They were good spirits about it lol. Besides, got our photos and signatures from from them beforehand with our VIP meet n greet package. I wanted to let them win, but I'm just too competitive haha. Tbh, I was drunk and I pull off BS shots when I am

I shall have to check out that new album. Just wish they'd come back to Australia. Never know, with how successful Ihsahn, Pain, and a bunch of other Euro bands coming, we might see them again

Ghost's new album. Awesome. They go from strength to strength. And their covers are second to none

Something I just saw this evening, the album cover is very reminiscent of Sepultura's Bestial Devastation. Apparently Forge has a tattoo of said cover.

I have their first album and that's quite impressive but haven't kept up since. It's good this band have a 70's sound that isn't stereotypical 70's metal (e.g. doom) and stand out like Opeth as a result.

Each album is different, yet you can still tell it's them.

Cannot friggin believe it, but Therion is coming to Australia

I think I'll go. It will be interesting, big sound in a little venue like the Manning Bar.

If memory serves me correctly....isn't Therion the second godfather of symphonic metal after Celtic Frost?

Pretty much, named after To Mega Therion, and done a song with same title. First song I ever heard coincidentally. I have my VIP ticket for Sydney, trying to find the money to get general admission for the other 2 shows.

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    If memory serves me correctly....isn't Therion the second godfather of symphonic metal after Celtic Frost?
    Are you going to the Melbourne show?