Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Reporting Excess Shipping on eBay

From one extreme to another...
    I just received a partial refund from a US seller on my postage. Turns out the actual postage was less than what he had listed.

It was only us$1.75 but it's the thought that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    From one extreme to another...
    I just received a partial refund from a US seller on my postage. Turns out the actual postage was less than what he had listed.

It was only us$1.75 but it's the thought that counts.
    Likewise, I purchased a Chevy Aveo Swerve from a Canadian seller who quoted me $20 USD to send the item but then refunded me $8.75 USD as he had overcharged me - can't complain about that at all!

Similar thing happened to me as well, I bought something off a bloke on TFW and he overquoted on the postage, so he sent refunded me a little bit. THen when he actually sent it, it was even less than that so he sent me a further refund. Added up to around $10, so was really nice of him.

....and we're back to the other extreme.
    Just had to pay $14 postage for two ROTF deluxe figures being sent within Australia.
    When you can get 3kg satchels from Australia Post for $9-10, and I doubt these two figures weigh more than that, then I get very suspicious.
    Needless to say I will be checking postage when it arrives.

Just as a follow-up to Verno or anyone else interested, original Beast Wars Airazor 100% complete:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Transformers-...item563a164cc2

4647 point, 100% positive feedback seller; 2 days 11 hours left til finish, around $20 atm.

Just had to pay $14 postage for two ROTF deluxe figures being sent within Australia.
    When you can get 3kg satchels from Australia Post for $9-10, and I doubt these two figures weigh more than that, then I get very suspicious.
    Are these deluxes MISB? From where are they coming?

One MISB deluxe boxed is over 500g, which means if I was to ship it to WA it would be $10.55, or registered: $13.35. Two deluxes would definitely put it over the 1kg edge meaning that I have to pay based on dimensions which would bring the price to near $14.50 (16.80 registered) even if I have the snuggest of boxes.

What is this 3kg satchel you refer to?

These:

http://www.auspost.com.au/BCP/0,1467...7EMO19,00.html

Scroll down a bit to "pre-paid satchels".

They are basically plastic bags, but I figure there should be room for two loose deluxe figs (which these are) and bubble wrap. I've had some sent this way, but I do admit I have no idea what postage prices for boxes are like.

I guess I'll have to wait and see.
    Last edited by snaketales; 4th March 2010 at 03:29 PM. Reason: weblink

Well, the two loose deluxe movie figures arrived yesterday in a small box with a label saying "postage paid $5.60".... not the $14 I paid.
    In the big scheme of things it is a small amount but I've had several of these and this is the straw that is breaking this camel's back.

Well, the two loose deluxe movie figures arrived yesterday in a small box with a label saying "postage paid $5.60".... not the $14 I paid.
    In the big scheme of things it is a small amount but I've had several of these and this is the straw that is breaking this camel's back.

If its a post office box they usually cost about $2 depending on size, so that makes it a little better lol.

I bought a couple of MASK figures from a American seller & my postage was $40 US whcih I figured was fair considering the size & weight of the parcel.

I have found most Australian sellers to be OK with postage & I don't begrudge paying $15 for something that costs $10 to ship as packaging does cost money however little.